300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lake County, IL - Corrections

I couldn't seem to find a recent thread for this department, and the old one turned into a ****ing match and was zero help. I'd love to know if this department and position is worth the time, any information as to why I should or shouldn't apply would be greatly appreciated.

I currently am in my second year with IDOC, and while I assume anything has to be better, I don't want to go from one **** department to another... one 1.5hr away from my house with no traffic.

Information I'm really looking for: day to day operations, days off rotation if any, are they sworn... not are they deputized because I already know they are not..the two are different things, as an IDOC officer I'm a sworn peace officer, with an oath and everything (it's important to me for pt jobs only), is there room for advancement, if so at what rate; is it by merit or seniority???

Any info helps all in all is it a good place to be?
    Last edited by Magnus_C; 09-09-2016, 09:32 PM.

...so apparently I didn't look very far, found a more recent thread.

Comment

I saw another lake county thread but nothing very recent in it. I applied and passed written and physical..how is the idol proccess?

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
        ...so apparently I didn't look very far, found a more recent thread.
        Hey Magnus! did you end up applying to this dept. ? I have an interview with them next week..I dont know what to expect I have never had an interview for corrections..and only had one interview for a police dept that didnt go very well..any advice?

Comment

I'm with a Cook But be yourself and dress in a suit and tie and no facial hair. Be clean shave for the interview and everything is about safety and being a team player you, your partners goes home at the end of the day the same way they walked in the door as well as you. Do not say anything that make it seem you want to get into fights with inmates. Your be fine

Comment

Originally posted by Ocasio1592 View Post
            I'm with a Cook But be yourself and dress in a suit and tie and no facial hair. Be clean shave for the interview and everything is about safety and being a team player you, your partners goes home at the end of the day the same way they walked in the door as well as you. Do not say anything that make it seem you want to get into fights with inmates. Your be fine
            Awesome, thank you for the advice!! Do you know any specific things they would generally ask in an interview? Im in the process for cook too waiting for BI..how do you like working there?

Comment

It's the same old question.
              Why do you want to work here? Tell us about yourself? Give us a time where you had a problem and you over came it? Etc. Everything is about safety and being part of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by Ocasio1592 View Post
                It's the same old question.
                Why do you want to work here? Tell us about yourself? Give us a time where you had a problem and you over came it? Etc. Everything is about safety and being part of a team.
                Thank you for the advice i seriously really appreciate it! Just got notified for screening date with idoc..do you know anything about that process?

Comment

Is FOID a requirement for a Lake County correctional officer? Not specified on blueline. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus_C View Post
                    I couldn't seem to find a recent thread for this department, and the old one turned into a ****ing match and was zero help. I'd love to know if this department and position is worth the time, any information as to why I should or shouldn't apply would be greatly appreciated.

I currently am in my second year with IDOC, and while I assume anything has to be better, I don't want to go from one **** department to another... one 1.5hr away from my house with no traffic.

Information I'm really looking for: day to day operations, days off rotation if any, are they sworn... not are they deputized because I already know they are not..the two are different things, as an IDOC officer I'm a sworn peace officer, with an oath and everything (it's important to me for pt jobs only), is there room for advancement, if so at what rate; is it by merit or seniority???

Any info helps all in all is it a good place to be?
                    IDOC officers are not sworn peace officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10478 users online. 334 members and 10144 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X