Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone at lake county corrections?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone at lake county corrections?

    Just applied to lake county jail. Can anyone share some insight? Good, bad, pros, cons, etc?

    Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

  • #2
    . A few ppl got fired there for an inmate dying.

    Lots of staff. Wonder if there's room to move up to serg.

    Teamsters 700 always a good union. Wish it wasn't so far. Why the hell up by damn near Wisconsin

    Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 2046; 08-31-2016, 11:49 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      I applied myself today and have heard some general pros and cons from a officer working there currently. Here is what I have been told.

      Pros
      - Good Union/Benefits/Insurance
      - Competitive Salary
      - Fairly consistent hours after your first year.

      Cons
      - Elevator gets stuck and can cause dangerous scenarios.
      - Radio Dead Zones.
      - Few Advancement Opportunities.

      Be sure to share anymore and Good Luck!

      Comment


      • #4
        Yea, I applied for cook back in April, and it's just a real lengthy process. Lake pays about the same, roughly the same commute for me.

        Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

        Comment


        • #5
          There hiring an abundance of people from what I heard, already exhausted thru the list so turnover must be high

          Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 2046 View Post
            There hiring an abundance of people from what I heard, already exhausted thru the list so turnover must be high

            Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
            At lake or cook?


            Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Ls1racer11 View Post
              At lake or cook?


              Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
              Both actually. I called and they said there are many positions open for lake. Hopefully lots of overtime!

              Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
              Last edited by 2046; 09-01-2016, 04:23 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by 2046 View Post
                Both actually. I called and they said there are many positions open for lake. Hopefully lots of overtime!

                Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                Do you currently work for lake?

                Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Ls1racer11 View Post
                  Do you currently work for lake?

                  Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                  No, I applied to today I'm in the process of a few departments. I take my test for cook next Saturday. The turnover in cook is high, but I assume it is in lake too since they dissolved the eligibility list in a year or so and are testing again..

                  Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm thinking about applying to Lake also...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Couldn't hurt. Seems that lake is more organized and faster paced then cook

                      Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Ls1racer11 View Post
                        Couldn't hurt. Seems that lake is more organized and faster paced then cook

                        Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk
                        I'm having trouble getting to the application link...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                          I'm having trouble getting to the application link...
                          Just scroll all the way down after the job description. I was confused too

                          Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by 2046 View Post
                            No, I applied to today I'm in the process of a few departments. I take my test for cook next Saturday. The turnover in cook is high, but I assume it is in lake too since they dissolved the eligibility list in a year or so and are testing again..

                            Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                            I went thru the cook process takes a while i went thru it in 7 months. I turned them down to go to the state instead. The cook process gets ppl DQ'ed at the poly level in my experience. My advice is apply to all and often until your on somewhere.
                            Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Wish I knew how many officers they had and chain of command, I also wanna see what kinda pay scale they have.

                              Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
                              Last edited by 2046; 09-03-2016, 01:05 PM.

                              Comment

                              MR300x250 Tablet

                              Collapse

                              What's Going On

                              Collapse

                              There are currently 10810 users online. 448 members and 10362 guests.

                              Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                              Welcome Ad

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X