300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physcological test

Is there a way to find out why I would fail this? Also I have seen people talking about appeals, what is this process?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Nope, a lot of people have been there including myself. Only answer you're going to get is try again and apply at different agencies.

And you cannot appeal the psych portion of process. Only step you cannot appeal and it sucks.
    WORK HARD. DREAM BIG!!

Comment

This is a YMMV answer. I am in a completely different state and undoubtedly also at a different psychologist and agency, but I read the fine print in the paperwork when I did my psych eval. Failed that psych eval and then submitted a written request for the results. Got an exact copy of the report for free. If this is an option for you, I would recommend it.

Mine made the psych process much less of a mystery and showed me some personality traits that I need to work on. It also made me confident that I could pass it next time.
      Originally posted by Michigan
      Now that you mention it, who are you?

Comment

Some of you may find this helpful. Basically an article explaining what personality traits a psychologist looks for when evaluating candidates. May not apply to all PD's but definitely worth a read.

http://www.gq.com/story/police-psych...xas-pool-party

Comment

Originally posted by Madcap_Magician View Post
          This is a YMMV answer. I am in a completely different state and undoubtedly also at a different psychologist and agency, but I read the fine print in the paperwork when I did my psych eval. Failed that psych eval and then submitted a written request for the results. Got an exact copy of the report for free. If this is an option for you, I would recommend it.

Mine made the psych process much less of a mystery and showed me some personality traits that I need to work on. It also made me confident that I could pass it next time.
          This is not an option for me. One of the forms I signed basically stated I am not allowed to contact the physcological administrators. Thanks for the responses. It definitely sucks had the conditional letter for hire and academy start date. Now to try finding other places I am eligible for since I have no college background.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11175 users online. 480 members and 10695 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X