300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for some help on an issue

Do anyone know how a Battery arrest that was not a conviction based on self defense proof be handled by Police Departments doing background checks? Is this an automatic DQ? Clean driving record and no other arrests at all otherwise.

Was this a bar fight? How long ago, and are you sure you were actually arrested like physically booked, bonded, court date etc?

Comment

Yes I was arrested and went through that whole process, court etc. The cops basically just showed up and didnt really wanna deal with it. in others words just let the courts figure it all out, and I did win in court.

Comment

I would still apply and be able to explain what happened from the beginning of the fight all the way to the court decision. Some places may be like oh my god no way and others may be oh my god like that's nothing.

Comment

It was in self defense of a family member

Comment

Disclose and provide as much detail as possible. Stick to the facts. Don't minimize what happened. Good luck!
            Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

The worst thing you want to do is hide it and they find out. They will assume your lying even though you didn't get convicted. Be honest as much as you can.
              Last edited by Frekinrican5; 05-28-2016, 05:21 PM.

Comment

File an FOI and get a copy of the case report and the arrest report.

Comment

Never been in trouble in my whole life, try to protect a family member and I get arrested. Unbelievable

Comment

Yea, as long as you are forthcoming about it to any background investigators who you go through with any department, i don't see any problem with it. If the story is exactly how you are telling it, you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by RaylanGivens View Post
                      Yea, as long as you are forthcoming about it to any background investigators who you go through with any department, i don't see any problem with it. If the story is exactly how you are telling it, you will be fine.
                      Expunge the arrest. You will never have to explain it away.

Comment

Originally posted by S_Pac View Post
                        Expunge the arrest. You will never have to explain it away.
                        Hardly!! Expunging the arrest will prevent non law enforcement from being able to see what happened. If I were your background investigator, you would still be explaining the situation because nothing is ever REALLY expunged to the point that we can't see that it happened.
                        Originally posted by RaylanGivens View Post
                        Follow ^^THIS^^ advice.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Just expunge the arrest and talk with a lawyer.
                          Last edited by S_Pac; 05-29-2016, 05:26 AM.

Comment

I would follow Chitown detectives advice. Getting the copy of the arrest report on your own band bringing it forward will show that you weren't at fault, you accepted the situation, and you've got nothing to hide

Comment

I agree with Chitown, get a copy so you know for sure what you are up against. Also like slamdunc said expunging it will not prevent law enforcement from seeing your arrest. That goes for your juvenile record too. If you expunge it and conseal it on your applicant, the department will not hire you because you lied on the app.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4892 users online. 249 members and 4643 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X