300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois agencies requiring EMT license

I was wondering are there any Illinois agency that require their officer to be certified as EMT/EMT-B? I know Glencoe, Quad City Airport, and Rosemont are trained as firefighter/EMT/Police at a minimum. The only other agency I know of is NIU and brookfield zoo. Wondering if there are any other municipalities or county agencies that have that requirement. Or at least have some officer trained.

South Holland, IL...USED to? I didn't see that listed in the newer postings but it was one of the places that did require that before. I know there's another one. Can't think of it though. If I find it I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
      South Holland, IL...USED to? I didn't see that listed in the newer postings but it was one of the places that did require that before. I know there's another one. Can't think of it though. If I find it I'll let you know.
      I know South Holland used to also. Maybe Libertyville, one of those suburban departments is combined police/ems. It was on the blue line not long ago

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
        I know South Holland used to also. Maybe Libertyville, one of those suburban departments is combined police/ems. It was on the blue line not long ago
        They stopped training new people a few years back but for some reason or other I think it's still masqueraded as "mandatory" in their contract. It's a relic from their pre full time FD days.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
          They stopped training new people a few years back but for some reason or other I think it's still masqueraded as "mandatory" in their contract. It's a relic from their pre full time FD days.
          I can Imagine, I had a relative that used to work there years ago.

Comment

Parkland College PD (Champaign, IL) use to have their officers trained as an EMT-B also. However, they got rid of that and now only require a First Responder License.

Are you looking to get on a department that requires an EMT-B License or are you planning just to keep it up to date? I know some poeple volunteer for their fire department or work part time on an ambulance to keep their license hours.

Comment

Originally posted by JPA261 View Post
              Parkland College PD (Champaign, IL) use to have their officers trained as an EMT-B also. However, they got rid of that and now only require a First Responder License.

Are you looking to get on a department that requires an EMT-B License or are you planning just to keep it up to date? I know some poeple volunteer for their fire department or work part time on an ambulance to keep their license hours.
              I am want to keep my license up to date. I have NREMT licensees as well as state so I want to try and get on some type of department that will help me with the hours. The only problem with a lot of the volunteer agencies around Chicagoland is they want you to also be a firefighter as well. Hoping if I move more rural they will allow me to only volunteer as an EMT

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                Definitely not Libertyville. i just tested with them a few months ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10526 users online. 534 members and 9992 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X