Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You need common sense for this job, if you don't have that, no amount of college is going to make up for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
      You need common sense for this job, if you don't have that, no amount of college is going to make up for that.
      Winner! Winner! Chicken dinner! He has no clue what he's talking about (again). I have more college education than 90% of the guys I work with and it means nothing if I don't know how to deescalate some nonsense, get to calls quickly, and put hands on somebody when its go time...plus write a good report. A great college paper makes for a horrible police report anyway.

Comment

Anyone have any clue about Riversides hiring plans? I'm sure it cant be good being such a small town

Comment

Application period closes tomorrow,.
          http://www.theblueline.com/feature/ILriverside4.html
          Has this department completed any hiring in the last few lists?
          I know there's only 19 officers in this department so it must be hard to get in, decided to apply anyway.

Comment

• Rnelson
            Rnelson commented
            Editing a comment
            You'd be better off donating that $40.00 to your favorite charity

• ChicagoBorn773
            ChicagoBorn773 commented
            Editing a comment
            Rnelson lol I hope someone on the list at least gets a chance to begin their background

If you're thinking of cocktailing, don't drive on Harlem from 26th to Pershing. Riverside will get you and their Chief enjoys contacting the media about it. Low speed, traffic town.

Comment

200+ candidates

2 immediate hires due for the academy in May.

Other openings also available for academy in August.

Lets see how this process goes. Chief mentioned an expedited hiring process

Comment

Over 200 people applied to a department with what 20 full time officers? Holy moly. Umm about 185 of those wasted their money as they won't even sniff a background nor a job offer.

Comment

Dang it!!!! I skipped this exam to go to an interview. I found out at the interview that the department I was at was not hiring just creating a list. UGH!! I am soooo ****ed right now.

Comment

• egwinl
                egwinl commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, here is a positive status update. The department I was interviewing for that stated was not hiring is now hiring 1 asap. It just goes to show that sometimes things happen for a reason.

Originally posted by egwinl View Post
              Dang it!!!! I skipped this exam to go to an interview. I found out at the interview that the department I was at was not hiring just creating a list. UGH!! I am soooo ****ed right now.
              If you have a bachelor's, you should apply to Elgin. We are taking apps AND are actually hiring. Shoot your shot.

Comment

scotty_appleton814 What timing, I had just called the number listed on the Blueline. The age cut off says 35 and I wanted to inquire if Elgin follows the state statue for veterans. This would allow me to apply due to age.

Comment

• egwinl
                  egwinl commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @scotty_appleton814 I have found the answer. Yes, they do allow an age extension. I will be submitting soon.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11491 users online. 442 members and 11049 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X