300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riverside IL

Did anyone apply? 300 applicants for a town of only 19 sworn and no openings is crazy. Wish I would have known that before

Can't get hired if you don't apply. Just because they say they aren't hiring at this moment doesn't mean there will not be a few opening slots in the next two years. Furthermore, I have a few very close friends that work for that PD. All of them make a six digit salary without breaking a sweat. A few guys that hustle and take massive loads of OT and work in detectives that help out are making 135+ per year. Riverside is in WEDGE, which is a task force that consists of Berwyn, Forest Park, and a few other busy towns. Very tough to get on Riverside but if you do you'll be in good hands.

Comment

I haven't seen a town that does more DUI's than Riverside. But all their guys make $100K + per year.

Comment

This morning was the perfect example of why every town should require College and a power test/card. To literally allow anyone off the street to be able to walk in and take the exam is laughable. Some of the people I seen there today was appalling. I'd say more than half shouldn't have been there and wouldn't have been there had there been a power test and college requirement.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
          every town should require College...Some of the people I seen there today was appalling.

Comment

This morning was the perfect example of why every town should require College and a power test/card. To literally allow anyone off the street to be able to walk in and take the exam is laughable. Some of the people I seen there today was appalling. I'd say more than half shouldn't have been there and wouldn't have been there had there been a power test and college requirement.
            Not sure if you are a LEO or not. So take this with a grain of salt because many LEOs may agree with me.

I know many a coppers who never went to college and may not be a prime physical specimen of superiority. However, I do know some of those same coppers are great coppers, great people, and willing to back me up at a moment's notice.

Before you go off throwing shots across the bow of what you think makes a good LEO, just know that you have no idea what is in store for you. Lets see if you end up being one of the 3 percent who gets hired LE? How many years have you been applying, how many apps have you dropped? Are you a sworn LEO?

I never say someone should edit a post that doesn't include a real name, but you should consider editing/deleting that post. I'll edit this if you follow my advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
              Not sure if you are a LEO or not. So take this with a grain of salt because many LEOs may agree with me.

I know many a coppers who never went to college and may not be a prime physical specimen of superiority. However, I do know some of those same coppers are great coppers, great people, and willing to back me up at a moment's notice.

Before you go off throwing shots across the bow of what you think makes a good LEO, just know that you have no idea what is in store for you. Lets see if you end up being one of the 3 percent who gets hired LE? How many years have you been applying, how many apps have you dropped? Are you a sworn LEO?

I never say someone should edit a post that doesn't include a real name, but you should consider editing/deleting that post. I'll edit this if you follow my advice.

He seems to be a troll, and doesn't have much of a clue about what he's saying.

95% of his posts are negative and in threads about getting hired or applying in IL...... So I'm thinking no.

Comment

Just violated rule #2 of LE.... NEVER judge a book by its cover..... It'll be the end of you.

I'm gonna laugh when one of those "appalling" people are running laps around you because THEY WANT IT MORE.

Stop being a dick and putting others down. Its a ****ty quality in an LEO and a quick way to get a boot in your ***.........or a fast way to become a DC....but I digress.

Comment

So the guy with teardrop tattoos I shouldnt judge?? He'd make a great cop huh?? lol

Comment

You said "power test and college requirement"....... Nothing about gang tattoos....

There's a big difference. Another aspect you lack, clearity in information assimilation.

College doesn't make you a better cop.....at all.... and physical stature can be very misleading.

I commented on the two main components YOU said were the basis of your criticism.

Comment

Sent you a PM
                      Last edited by southpaw1; 04-11-2016, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
                        I have to call BS on what chiefs is saying. I'll leave it at that. I have to also agree that some of the greatest police officers and people in law enforcement that I have met were not the most polished (with respect to their resume and appearance) but I would have them as a partner any day of the week! There are some things you just can't teach in a classroom.
                        What are you calling BS on?

Comment

A good percentage of your posts (maybe earlier posts) always came across as an attempt to discourage other applicants from applying or even showing up. Again, you could just have a negative attitude. I really don't know.
                          Last edited by southpaw1; 04-23-2016, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Look I hope I'm wrong and you're actually a good guy who's misunderstood. I didn't register here to put people down or anything. Good luck with whatever you end up doing.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
                              I have to call BS on what chiefs is saying. I'll leave it at that. I have to also agree that some of the greatest police officers and people in law enforcement that I have met were not the most polished (with respect to their resume and appearance) but I would have them as a partner any day of the week! There are some things you just can't teach in a classroom.
                              I agree, I work with a guy who grew up in a rough neighborhood and wasn't the best teenager. He is one of the most honest, trusting, well liked, and best father you can meet. Don't judge everyone until you know them. We have enough judgmental guys in the profession now.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9078 users online. 427 members and 8651 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X