300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lincolnwood 2016

Anyone have any info on this department ? I called and got transferred to voicemail. I thought they gave a test out to make a list like last year didn't they??? Anyone know how many they are hiring etc.? Only 32officers but I heard from a customer that her son got in so that gives me hope lol. Thanks guys.

Absolutely stupid they only accept Nipsta. Makes Triton and Joliet power cards useless!

Comment

They test every year.. most likely they will be hiring 1-2 like last time.. They will burn through their list

Comment

I don't care about nipsta. I needed a new power card anyways plus nipsta is like 5mins from job. 1 to 2 a year might be annoying. Anyone have any current info?

Comment

From what I've heard they need to hire one to be fully staffed. Either they hired from the previous list and are just creating a new list or they exhausted the previous list and still need to hire one more. I've only heard good things about this department.

Comment

come to texas where the suburbs are bigger and they hire a lot more off every test! Also they don't just test to make a list...they test to always hire! A large dept here consists of 200-400 sworn officers!!

Comment

Originally posted by kevmat9 View Post
              come to texas where the suburbs are bigger and they hire a lot more off every test! Also they don't just test to make a list...they test to always hire! A large dept here consists of 200-400 sworn officers!!
              Hey kev, they made you a recruiter already? Hahah! The only family I had out there decided to go to the East Coast for a job opportunity. Tell your PD to seriously consider testing in Illinois. They'll fill classes for the next 10 years with the people here! It's like a 200 to 1 ratio for police jobs here. I know you remember how that was.

Comment

My dept goes nationwide to recruit. We have visits to Morehouse and Clark scheduled, not to mention they plucked me from Washington State.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
                  Hey kev, they made you a recruiter already? Hahah! The only family I had out there decided to go to the East Coast for a job opportunity. Tell your PD to seriously consider testing in Illinois. They'll fill classes for the next 10 years with the people here! It's like a 200 to 1 ratio for police jobs here. I know you remember how that was.
                  Actually I left the department I start elsewhere in a couple weeks. Dallas is going through some issues right now.....lots of officers are leaving in hurds to suburbs, or other major cities in TX. They have constantly been the department that hires people only to train them, and then have their recruits snatched up by other agencies. We don't even get pay steps every year! If you have a family it will be tough to live on their salary, along with their horrible health benefits. Ft worth is a dept that made you go through their academy even if you were already certified....not they opened a lateral opening targeting Dallas cops and require an abbreviated academy to go only go over policy and procedures. I also heard that Austin is also trying to take advantage of this by taking dallas cops. If you want to work down here I highly recommend testing for Austin, Ft Worth, and Corpus Christi. Austin officers that live in the city get a take home car, and a tax break on property tax I believe. They recently got a pay bump and I believe top out around 95k!

Comment

Also Harris county is an ok place to work from what I heard.....i would chose harris county over houston pd

Comment

I'm sure dallas will get a lot of people to test in IL if they come up there....i heard atlanta pd did it in the past and they were very successful. But you gotta think....there maybe a reason why they go so far to recruit people from out of state! Most of dallas pd is made up of ppl like me who moved from a different state not having much prior knowledge about the cons at the agency.

Anyways the people on the department are great officers for the most part. Things need to be changed there or they will constantly have a retention issue of officers.

Comment

Actually I left the department I start elsewhere in a couple weeks...
                        Congrats! Hope it's a good transition for you.

I'm sure dallas will get a lot of people to test in IL if they come up there....i heard atlanta pd did it in the past and they were very successful. But you gotta think....there maybe a reason why they go so far to recruit people from out of state! Most of dallas pd is made up of ppl like me who moved from a different state not having much prior knowledge about the cons at the agency.

Anyways the people on the department are great officers for the most part. Things need to be changed there or they will constantly have a retention issue of officers.
                        Yeah you make a good point there! I will say that I heard DPD has extended their reach to some surrounding states and made even made a pitch to Nashville's Officers and Ft. Worth is testing in NYC...didn't see that one coming lol.

Comment

yeah I tested for ftwpd. I'm sure dallas would go there....hey I wouldn't discourage you to get trained by dpd and then leave for a greener pasture !

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9448 users online. 416 members and 9032 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X