Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone take the written test this past weekend? Curious to see how many people showed up.....

Comment

Is anyone applying for this application period?

Comment

I don't know $100 application fee is pretty steep... heard they did not hire off the last list either

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoBorn773 View Post
          I don't know $100 application fee is pretty steep... heard they did not hire off the last list either
          Calling that fee steep is an understatement. I'd never apply to a place that requires 100 bucks just to walk in the door. You can spend your money in much more efficient ways.

Comment

It's probably helping to pay for a digital billboard advertising the position last time. Lol. In all fairness I can't make a jump to that conclusion but that is excessive.
            Last edited by southpaw1; 03-09-2018, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw1 View Post
              It's probably helping to pay for a digital billboard advertising the position last time. Lol. In all fairness I can't make a jump to that conclusion but that is excessive.
              What else could it be for? It is not really about hiring new cops because how many new cops have JPD hired recently off their last 2 or 3 lists? So I think you are a bit right in saying the applicants themselves are paying for own job advertisements.

Comment

• southpaw1
                southpaw1 commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah pretty much

$100 and they didn’t even hire off the list. If that doesn’t scream extortion I don’t know what does.

Comment

• Fatal
                Fatal commented
                Editing a comment
                They are clearly using gold stamps man. Totally worth the application!

Don't waste the time or money....even if hired the opportunities for growth are extremely limited. Not to mention, 100 bucks is simply a money ploy

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8615 users online. 294 members and 8321 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X