300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about being disqualified.

So I had an oral board over a month ago and have anxiously been awaiting the results. Today I received an e-mail saying I do not meet the requirements to be a police officer in this town and can no longer be considered a candidate. Does anybody have any insight into this? This is my first go at this, but I feel like I wouldn't have made it this far if I didn't meet the requirements. Thanks for any insight or advice.

It's simple. Due to the score on your oral board you were not competitive with the other candidates. Very rarely do people get hired on the first go around. Oral boards take practice. Next time, maybe prepare yourself a little more.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ryanjames231; 02-16-2016, 06:31 PM.

Comment

You met each requirement to move on to the next step. You failed the Oral Board step.
      Apply to another agency, use this as a learning experience.
      Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Sadly be prepared for more oral board failures. This is a tough profession to get into.

Comment

Based solely on what you posted you were not a DQ. Instead, you failed the oral. There is a big difference between the two.

There is no disgrace in failing a written, oral or physical agility. It simply means you didn't score high enough to move onto the next phase of testing. However, people get concerned when you are DQed on the background because often (but not always) it indicates there is something in your personal history suggesting you are lacking in good moral character.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Move on, apply elsewhere.

Comment

It happens, nothing personal. Learn from it and keep applying where ever you qualify. That's the nature of the beast!

Comment

just a hint. theres no record of you testing ... i would only list those pds you applied for and nothing happend. i got dq once back in the day for a poly. a neighboring pd was interested and i mentioned the failed poly for a neighboring pd. then i got dq for a background (which background was before the poly for this pd) later i found out they dq me becuase since i failed a poly for a neighboring pd, they didnt want to waste their time wit me. several years later, i took a poly with the same place i failed my 1st poly and i passed. so tell me with the same q/a, how was i a liar the 1st time.. but then the 2nd i was honest? several months later, got hired by a great pd.

just shows u how some pds r biased. and sometimes the hiring process is....silly.

Comment

Once you press your fingertips down, there's a record.
                  Lie at your own peril.

Comment

please reread what i wrote

Comment

Reread what I wrote. You get printed, you can't lie.
                      Pay attention to detail, rookie.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
                        Lie at your own peril.
                        Ya' lie at'z ya' ownz' peril'z...

Just don't lie in em'z..

they'z bite!

Originally posted by mookster
                        Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                        Originally posted by CityCopDC
                        I swear to god you are not human. I know a rogue VI when I see one.
                        Originally posted by OfficerDotCom
                        I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                        -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

Reread what I wrote. You get printed, you can't lie.

So whadda' dat' maKe me Sire Officer'z C3D',,,,??

A turd ball.

Sully, usually I hafta glance over your posts cuz my brain would have issues with the imagery you portray, however with that one I get it. I agree one hundred percent with ya.
                          I think no one is probably happier than Sully and I that we ARE NOT the same person.(seriously thanking God for that one).
                          -Frank

Old Physicists neva' die, they just hop on a horsey and fly away inta' an infinitely massive black ho ...

Comment

There would only be no record of me testing if I used a fake name and didn't tell anyone about it. I'm going to pass on the lying, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jami86e View Post
                              There would only be no record of me testing if I used a fake name and didn't tell anyone about it. I'm going to pass on the lying, but thanks anyway.

That's my boy Sire wanna' be Jami da' greEk'za!!!

Thats, Jimmy the greek, you idiot!

Sounds like'z ya',r or me'za, need a bank robba' buddy,,,;:'' likE'za me!

Howza' 'bout 25/70/5% sOund'za ta' ya???

Thats da' way O' da' Sullian, ly'in, conniv'in, chEat'in and back shOoT'in.....

And dodging the shadow man!

ShUt'zA upza' bOy...

-Frank

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6168 users online. 276 members and 5892 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X