Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It said preference given to former POs and le experience but I can't see that many retired officers wanting to go back to work in those $chitty districts, and working mid nights again. I've been around a lot of officers on the job, all they talk about is their countdown until they retire.

Comment

Originally posted by johnchurch7658 View Post
      It said preference given to former POs and le experience but I can't see that many retired officers wanting to go back to work in those $chitty districts, and working mid nights again. I've been around a lot of officers on the job, all they talk about is their countdown until they retire.
      Yes that's true. But some might come back just for the health insurance. If they are currently paying out of pocket for it, it's super expensive.

Comment

CSOs are sworn for the purposes of writing reports and cites, Scotty.
        Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
          CSOs are sworn for the purposes of writing reports and cites, Scotty.
          Sorry for making that mistake, it wasn't explained to me that way when I asked our CSO sup.

Comment

I got the free 55yo health insurance. A judge would have to sentence me to go back to working for the CPD.

Comment

All I've heard is that they finished up interviews a couple weeks ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Saldel View Post
                All I've heard is that they finished up interviews a couple weeks ago.
                They were doing the interviews the week of April 4th. Saw a lot of people there when I was there dropping papers. Was told from someone in HR they're supposed to hire 130 total approximately.

They're doing backgrounds currently in some.

They were also hiring civilians for Medical Section to replace some PO's to handle case loads. They're only hiring 4 of them though and has to have medical background.
                Last edited by NoBody312; 04-21-2016, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Is there supposed to be any training period? And does senority carry over for the retired coppers?

Comment

Saldel, no idea about training other than training directly with the Watch Secretary (A P/O in most districts) and front desk staff when they get to the districts. (Although I was told by a homeroom instructor at the academy that they currently are running 4 through as a trial run along with the DA's. Supposedly they were getting some of the same training minus the deffensive tactics and lockup training. But again, that's second hand and I don't have any first hand knowledge of it)

Seniority is based on time in rate among civilian staff not career service. It IS a career service position for purposes of retirement and time with the city in any career service spot would be covered, but I'm not sure at all how that would even work or if you would even pay into retirement. They are covered under AFSCME and all seniority and bidding starts upon entry date at that rate.

It's the same as going from a civilian spot to PO. If you go from DA to PO They make you cash everything out, resign, and you restart your seniority for purposes of pay, vacation and bidding rights. Pensions are non transferable either from civlian to PO. You keep your employee number and eligible retirement date though since they are both career service. (Called HR about this a few times)

I've only seen them hiring for full time spots, have they offered any part time spots to retired POs? I don't know any retired PO going for this.
                    Last edited by NoBody312; 04-27-2016, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Thanks NoBody. I've heard they're starting to do backgrounds. I wonder if they'll do a psych test too.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9531 users online. 450 members and 9081 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X