300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melrose Park PD vs Carol Stream PD

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew anything about either of these departments. I only found some info on Carol Stream PD, which wasn't very positive. They are both testing on the same day and was wondering which one I should apply for. Are either actually hiring and if so, how many are they planning on hiring? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hate same day testing. North Riverside and Evergreen Park are also doing this

Comment

Originally posted by Rnelson View Post
      I hate same day testing. North Riverside and Evergreen Park are also doing this
      Yup it's annoying. Then I have to plan ahead for future apps because they end up overlapping with other current testing processes, so I'm always triple-checking the dates.

Comment

Some good reads about Melrose PD here....read through some articles pertaining to the police dept.

http://www.bettergov.org/search?sear...melrose%20park

Comment

These Dept's are like night and day. Depends on what kind of policing you want to do, and where you want to do a career.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your input, it helped me make a decision. Hopefully it's the right one

Comment

Originally posted by frospike38 View Post
              Thank you everyone for your input, it helped me make a decision. Hopefully it's the right one

So..... which one??

Comment

Decided to go with carol stream

Comment

Decided to go with carol stream

Why carol stream, I dont care either way, just wanna know your reasoning.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                    Why carol stream, I dont care either way, just wanna know your reasoning.
                    Familiar with the area, close to current residence, prefer laser written test, pay, news articles, and app deadline. I was initially leaning towards carol stream over melrose but nobody convinced me to go for melrose. No solid reasoning really.

Comment

I will also be testing there. I am turning in my app today since it's the deadline. Also have a poly for another department today but doesn't mean I will get the job. Plus carol stream is only 10 fee

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Familiar with the area, close to current residence, prefer laser written test, pay, news articles, and app deadline. I was initially leaning towards carol stream over melrose but nobody convinced me to go for melrose. No solid reasoning really.
                        You better be a big fan of traffic enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazury401 View Post
                          You better be a big fan of traffic enforcement.
                          And over-zealous bosses that jump to write you up for leaving your beat if your GPS pings you. Don't sit idle for too long either...

Comment

If you want to be the police go melrose park. If you want to be law enforcement go carol stream.

Carol stream is mostly industrial and micro managing from what I've heard.

Comment

Melrose Park also requires residency. That's why I didn't consider it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7475 users online. 338 members and 7137 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X