Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thornton PD hiring

http://recruitment.iosolutions.org/O...tion-2015.html

Hello all, Thornton police department is currently accepting applications. All info is in link. First 100 applications are being taken.

I'm in!! From NY lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm not in the process personally, but the friend of mine who is told me that only 20 applications have been taken out thus far. Just a heads up on what those odds are looking like.

Comment

It is a small little town with maybe 7 full timers.

Comment

I know someone who worked there many moons ago. If you get hired, room for advancement is very limited.

Comment

Can anyone provide any new information for this department? I have to make a choice on whether to take this exam or to take Lansing's exam which is on the same day at the same time.

Comment

Take Lansing. Thornton only hiring 1.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up KrayJack

Comment

Lansing all day

Comment

Thornton is small, like a rural town plopped right in the south suburbs. Not a lot going on, not many people working there (7 as was mentioned before sounds right.) Lansing is bigger, but they may still have the residency where you have to move into town for a period of time.

Comment

• scotty_appleton814
                      scotty_appleton814 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You totally described Thornton perfectly calling it a rural town. I couldn't think of better words myself. The town literally feels like it belongs south of I-80 somewhere.

Originally posted by egwinl View Post
                    Can anyone provide any new information for this department? I have to make a choice on whether to take this exam or to take Lansing's exam which is on the same day at the same time.
                    No question..Lansing.

Comment

Originally posted by egwinl View Post
                      Lansing is bigger and has much more activity, and I'm sure side gigs, than Thornton. If you get on in Thornton you will not want to stay. It's just better suited for someone retired who wants to stick around but relax also. There is work if you want to look but there isn't staffing to go playing Mr. Policeman and get into stuff that wasn't called in by residents. Lansing on the other hand has Indiana to the east, Lynwood to the south, Thornton and South Holland to the west and Cal City to the north i.e. opportunity. They have a decent amount of retail on Ridge and Torrence and the Walmart in town which every department loves. Their motels are ALWAYS used in prostitution stings and their banks get robbed yearly. There are places with better pay and better residency but Lansing isn't a bad door to get your foot in. If you go to Thornton wanting to get your feet wet most of it will come from running to other towns to help with whatever they are working on.

Comment

Well, I was fortunate that the exam started early enough for me to head over to Lansing in time for their exam. I was able to take it with no problems. Luckily, only 21 showed up for the exam. I like my odds here. I will continue on my post in Lansing's thread.

Comment

I just had my interview today. I have to say this was a different vibe from others I have had. I did not feel pressured to answer fast and move on to the next question. They were sincere in the questions they asked and what they were looking for. They truly did want to get a full feel of the candidate. I was asked questions that related to me specifically which made me feel more comfortable because I knew I was not just another candidate to them. This department may be small but they are surely about quality over quantity. Here is hoping for the best.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8328 users online. 261 members and 8067 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X