300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cpd pension portability question

I am currently Chicago pd and I am looking to transfer closer to my kids downstate. I currently have 13 years on the job and am wondering if anyone on here has successfully ported their pension to a downstate one. I've read hb1872 but I am not entirely clear on what the text is saying. Any help would be appreciated.

Originally posted by saluki1994 View Post
    I am currently Chicago pd and I am looking to transfer closer to my kids downstate. I currently have 13 years on the job and am wondering if anyone on here has successfully ported their pension to a downstate one. I've read hb1872 but I am not entirely clear on what the text is saying. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hey man. Go into your settings and turn on your PMs then messege me. Ive looked into this. Work for the Department.

Comment

Originally posted by D.T.O.M View Post
      Hey man. Go into your settings and turn on your PMs then messege me. Ive looked into this. Work for the Department.
      Can you also send me that info? On with cpd and I maybe be going somewhere else. Thanks!

Comment

The place to call is the Chicago Police Pension Board.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
          The place to call is the Chicago Police Pension Board.
          He's really right. There's a few factors I found with it, and it all depends on where you go.

CPD pensions aren't reciprocal to IMRF and IMRF-SLEP (although it is ok to go from IMRF-SLEP to CPD) by there's stuplations for the downstate police pension fund. You have to be in there for 6 years to be eligible and a few other things.

Im not 100% in every situation so Feel free to PM me . I've looked into it but I'm not going to say I'm 100% direct with ALL aspects.

Comment

Actually the Illinois Dept. of Insurance has all the answers on public pensions and portability. This is the site that Police-Fire Pension Fund Trustees go to for their answers. You can even call them and they'll answer portability questions about the Downstate Pension Fund. I do know that getting credit for suburban police time ended. You had to notify CPD Pension fund in 2009 if you wanted to use suburban time towards a CPD pension. Don't know if that goes the other way. As of 2 years ago you could still get credit on CPD for County, Federal and Military time, up to a limit (5 years credit?).

It would be moot if you are under 25 yoa. Since you have to be 55 yoa to max out and collect, it would make sense to see about transferring from CPD to Downstate only if you are over 25 yoa with time on.

https://insurance2.illinois.gov/Appl...nsion/FAQ.aspx
            Last edited by ChiTownDet; 01-21-2016, 07:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
              Actually the Illinois Dept. of Insurance has all the answers on public pensions and portability. This is the site that Police-Fire Pension Fund Trustees go to for their answers. You can even call them and they'll answer portability questions about the Downstate Pension Fund. I do know that getting credit for suburban police time ended. You had to notify CPD Pension fund in 2009 if you wanted to use suburban time towards a CPD pension. Don't know if that goes the other way. As of 2 years ago you could still get credit on CPD for County, Federal and Military time, up to a limit (5 years credit?).

It would be moot if you are under 25 yoa. Since you have to be 55 yoa to max out and collect, it would make sense to see about transferring from CPD to Downstate only if you are over 25 yoa with time on.

https://insurance2.illinois.gov/Appl...nsion/FAQ.aspx
              This. He knows his ****.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I did contact the pension board but they couldn't help me much since I am looking to go rather than come in. i going to try the insurance board that chi town Det put up. Thanks again. I'll post if I come across anything.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9911 users online. 482 members and 9429 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X