Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do CPD Furloughs and vacation/comp time worK?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do CPD Furloughs and vacation/comp time worK?

What is furlough for CPD and how do they work? Is it like vacation?

I'm at a department now where we have Comp Time, Vacation and sick time, all accrued per paycheck.

Are CPD officers allowed to take days off using comp time?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm in the CPD process. Thanks.

Originally posted by Steelydan View Post
    What is furlough for CPD and how do they work? Is it like vacation?

I'm at a department now where we have Comp Time, Vacation and sick time, all accrued per paycheck.

Are CPD officers allowed to take days off using comp time?

Any help would be appreciated, as I'm in the CPD process. Thanks.
    Pm me.

Comment

You can read all about the benefits, they are explained in our contract which is on the FOP Lodge 7 website. Otherwise you can pm me, I'm currently enjoying my furlough haha

Comment

Originally posted by D.T.O.M View Post
        Pm me.
        You guys get the same as the coppers?

Comment

I can't post in the forum when I'm at work for some reason, that's why I asked for him to PM me.

Not exactly, similar but we aren't required to use it in the same way because of our contract but I do know what the POs get and how they are used.

When first hired

20 day Furlough, 2 blocks
          4 Personal days
          3 Baby Furlough
          Build up CU

(unused baby furlough and personal days MAY be carried over to the next year, but there are maximums)

Furlough is bid upon in "blocks". The calender is broken into periods and each period is split into 2 blocks.... For example consider January 1A and 1B ( I know this isn't exactly how it is but I'm using this as an example for ease of description) the first two weeks of January and the last 2. There are 13 periods in the CPD calender.

You bid against your watch for furlough days, and for the first 10 years your RDO's are factored in, as in they count against your furlough days. After that they don't and your furlough days are considered Working Days off instead of consecutive. So essentially you're getting a pretty big jump in number of days off. Even though you technically go from 25 consecutive days off up until 10 years and 22 working days after.... They don't factor your RDOs into it anymore. Also, you select furloughs for the next year in November of the prior year.

Personal days are well.... Personal days, and are supposed to be submitted 10 days prior to the requested day.

Baby Furlough are more like traditional vacation days and can be added to the front or end of a furlough or taken by themselves.

CU - Comp Time, can be used whenever but has to be approved by the LT.

Time other than furlough is based on approval from the LT and based on "manpower needs". In the case of multiple request for the same day, it's based on seniority.

Oh and you get everything on Jan 1st. You don't earn it per pay check.

CU is the only thing you earn, but that's earned as you work it.

Its all listed in the department directives and the FOP contract which are both public knowledge.
          Last edited by D.T.O.M; 01-13-2016, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Oh and for NEW officers, this is how it works.... Bassically after one year (6 month academy and 6 month FTO/PPO) you get thrown into furlough, you don't get a choice.

B. Probationary Police Officers
            1. Upon completion of the twelfth month of the eighteen month probationary period, a probationary police officer is entitled to receive a consecutive twenty day furlough.
            2. A probationary police officer who is not retained beyond the twelfth month of the eighteen month probationary period shall not be eligible for a pro-rata furlough benefit.
            3. At the completion of the twelfth month of the eighteen month probationary period, the officer will take the consecutive day furlough, starting on the first day of the new police period following the completion of the twelfth month.

Comment

CPD members get 20 furlough and 4 baby furlough days per year?

Comment

CPD get 20 to 25 furlough days, 3 to 6 baby furlough days, and 4 to 6 personal days per year, depending on how long you've been on. If you don't use the baby furlough or personal days, you can sell them back. That's how I financed my annual trips to DC for the LEO Memorial. Furlough days have to be used by the end of the year, or you could lose them. P days and 4 Baby Furl. can be carried over to next year. And you get 12 holidays per year, which can be banked on the books (CU).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10114 users online. 370 members and 9744 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X