Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any University PD coppers here? Policy on you guys moonlighting/part-time security

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any University PD coppers here? Policy on you guys moonlighting/part-time security

Greetings,

Just applied for a University PD. Wanted to know what's the general policy for secondary employment for you guys?

I currently not affected. However, I can't recall that I've ever met a University PD cop working part-time. Many smaller agencies don't mind, particularly if they don't have O/T oozing out like CPD and other larger departments.

Chime in! Particularly UIC, U of C PD, Loyola, Northwestern U coppers... Present or Prior.

Stay Safe
    Last edited by VidaG; 12-23-2015, 04:46 PM.

This is really irrelevant to your question, but did you just apply with UIC?

Comment

Originally posted by Knight_slayer View Post
      This is really irrelevant to your question, but did you just apply with UIC?
      Yes, I did,amongst two others. But I moonlight a lot where I am now, but wouldn't want to lose that ability going to a University. Don't know how local Univ feel about it or not signing off on VE pecs, some suburban agencies make a fuss about it from what I hear occasionally.

Comment

Didn't see anything mentioned in their contract about off duty work..

https://www.hr.uic.edu/UserFiles/Ser...%208-31-18.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by VidaG View Post
          Yes, I did,amongst two others. But I moonlight a lot where I am now, but wouldn't want to lose that ability going to a University. Don't know how local Univ feel about it or not signing off on VE pecs, some
          suburban agencies make a fuss about it from what I hear occasionally.
          Do you know anything else? I.e. Test date/how many people UIC is looking to hire?

Comment

Depends on the department. My pd officially says you can't work more than 24 hours a week in secondary employment.

Unofficially, you can work as much as you want as long as you don't get caught calling in sick to work your secondary.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Comment

Most cops work secondary gigs where the department cannot provide or offer sizable OT. If the agency doesnt prohibit or limit the hours by policy you are fine. If people arenot chiming up it may be because they are outside of policy so I would either drop the issue, or ask someone directly from the agency you are applying to.
              You cant arrest me...I know my Commandments!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8632 users online. 278 members and 8354 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X