300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Written Test...What to Expect/What to Bring

Hi! What should I expect when taking a written test? Is there anything we are typically supposed to bring, like a calculator or number 2 pencils? There was no orientation for the department I'm testing for and I haven't been through this before. Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Usually ID/Drivers license, Power card(If that Dept. requires it) and #2 Pencil. It really depends on the department.

Comment

Bring what they tell you. Show up early. 2 pencils. Identification. Should be set.

Comment

Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
        Bring what they tell you. Show up early. 2 pencils. Identification. Should be set.
        ^^^THIS^^^

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Don't bring a calculator

Comment

Originally posted by Bman4130 View Post
            For sure ^^^

Also, I'd dress normal. I can't stand seeing people who look like they just rolled out of bed or look like slobs. If I was running the test I'd kick half the people out, or just note who they are and fail them later on in the process. Its okay to dress comfortable; decent looking jeans, tshirt, and running shoes is as casual as I'd go, up to business casual. Good Luckski.

Comment

Originally posted by ared1984 View Post
              Don't bring a calculator
              Yes do not bring a calculator, all the math you need you should be able to do in your head or the paper provided.

Originally posted by Fritter View Post
              For sure ^^^

Also, I'd dress normal. I can't stand seeing people who look like they just rolled out of bed or look like slobs. If I was running the test I'd kick half the people out, or just note who they are and fail them later on in the process. Its okay to dress comfortable; decent looking jeans, tshirt, and running shoes is as casual as I'd go, up to business casual. Good Luckski.
              You don't have to wear a full suit/tux but still be presentable. You never know who is watching or whom you will meet later in the process that remembers you because you looked like a slob.

TIP: Treat EVERY STEP like an interview, I can't tell you how much **** I've taken from detectives and officers because I show up to every step of the process in full suit. You know what though, they REMEMBER who I am and point me out to others.

Comment

Gotta love the guys who show up in flip flops. I've seen it on more than one occasion.
                Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Dont wear your security uniform. I always hated that.
                  Vaya con dios

Comment

Originally posted by Boiler37 View Post
                    TIP: Treat EVERY STEP like an interview, I can't tell you how much **** I've taken from detectives and officers because I show up to every step of the process in full suit. You know what though, they REMEMBER who I am and point me out to others.
                    True. You may be laughed at or made fun of for a couple seconds but it does stand out when you go in for a background interview or anything else at the department. I didn't believe it until I got hired a couple years ago, but there are so many applicants who don't take the process seriously and there are SO MANY who get bounced. Good luck.

Comment

Dress nice, you can't overdue anything when it comes to the testing process. Like others stated, you might get pointed out by other attendees, but who cares. Also, bring only what they tell you, for instance pencils and Drivers License. If you can, I would also leave your cell in the car, you won't use or need it when in the testing area.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiguy27 View Post
                        True. You may be laughed at or made fun of for a couple seconds but it does stand out when you go in for a background interview or anything else at the department. I didn't believe it until I got hired a couple years ago, but there are so many applicants who don't take the process seriously and there are SO MANY who get bounced. Good luck.
                        The yoga pants, short skirts and tight dresses aren't a good idea?

Comment

Rather be overdressed than under. Good luck

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9521 users online. 450 members and 9071 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X