300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SWIC Academy

Has anyone went through SWIC in the intern program? If so was it easy to find a job coming out of the academy? Also what is day to day life like in this academy?

When I went to swic in 2005 we had 2 interns. Both landed part time jobs before graduation. However, both had contacts with smaller departments before attending. I wouldn't expect to land a full time job with a larger department unless you're already on their list. Your best bet is to get a part time job to keep your certificate valid until you can get hired full time somewhere.

Generally your day starts out with an hour of pt, shower/change, grab breakfast at the cafeteria, then classes until 5 with an hour lunch break. We only went off site for firearms, pursuit driving, and traffic stops.

Comment

Any idea how many intern applicants they get for a class and how many get in (ballpark average)?

Comment

I've only been to one testing session for them so far. I can say everyone is very friendly and helpful. Unfortunately I'm not informed enough to answer that question but there were very few people at my test and even less once the POWER was completed.

Comment

My class was 20 tested, 18 passed the power, 5 of us got into the class.

Comment

Originally posted by KCM624 View Post
            Any idea how many intern applicants they get for a class and how many get in (ballpark average)?
            On Friday morning there were 36 who showed up to take the POWER test. After Sunday's re-test, there were 21 officers and one intern. One quit in week one and twenty-one of us graduated all a first time go on the state test. The intern started work with a smaller agency on the Monday after graduation.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Originally posted by younggun3515 View Post
              My class was 20 tested, 18 passed the power, 5 of us got into the class.

Out of curiosity how many interns found work after the academy if you know?

Comment

Originally posted by catt39 View Post

I went to SWIC with 5 or 6 interns if I recall. One had a job before she even finished the academy. The others all found work within 6 months or at most a year.

Comment

Pretty much all of us had jobs lined up for after it was over, just looking for full time now

Comment

Thank you, has anyone here been an intern there? Could I send a message to you?

Comment

Thank you, has anyone here been an intern there? Could I send a message to you?
                      Pm me

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8853 users online. 388 members and 8465 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X