X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chiefs123
    started a topic Maywoods starting pay

Maywoods starting pay

Is 42k. Is that the worst you have seen? If not who is?

• Griz4564
    replied
    Anyone hear anything back after the interview?

Leave a comment:

• SomeChicagoDude
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
    It's been bottled up, but I'll say it...

Just stop. Stop applying and leave. You've been on these boards complaining for years. You cry about various suburbs, cry about their processes, the pay, politics, you bagged on County after you were DQ'd, you bagged on CPD and yet still applied, bagged on ISP. What's ridiculous is that you make crack comments at people like SomeChicagoDude because of his motivation and applying, yet he has been hired twice now, one of which is his goal department. While you complain over various departments, you continue to get DQ'd and passed over while many users here have found careers and moved on. You've made comments in the past telling people to move on, yet you've never been hired and have been DQ'd multiple times.

If McDonalds pays more, work there. Bet you won't have any DQ issues with them.
    Getting off status in a few weeks ☺

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Just to let you guys know. Elgin just opened up their process, starting at $66000. Max at 91000. Top 60 scores move on the background stage. Test and app are on NTN.

Leave a comment:

• dstepha2
    replied
    Originally posted by MP08 View Post
    Just wondering has anyone heard anything from Maywood? I had a pretty nice spot on their list but not sure if they even started calling people.
    They started calling in March or April. The top couple people (at least) aren't with them. PM me if you want to know more.

PS - if you get on with Metra stay with them and don't even entertain Maywood

Leave a comment:

• MP08
    replied
    Just wondering has anyone heard anything from Maywood? I had a pretty nice spot on their list but not sure if they even started calling people.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by goodfella View Post
    To each their own, but making near 100K in 5 years is well worth biting the bullet due to their low start pay. Further, I believe the start pay isn't even close to what is advertised.
    This was the most current I could find

http://s3.documentcloud.org/document...ood-police.txt

Leave a comment:

• goodfella
    replied
    Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    I know a lot of the issue some folks had here was the starting pay, not the top out.
    To each their own, but making near 100K in 5 years is well worth biting the bullet due to their low start pay. Further, I believe the start pay isn't even close to what is advertised.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by goodfella View Post
    Yes, the guy that lateraled from Maywood to Cicero is a standup great person and cop. Good luck to my Mr. R. People have to realize that some departments are lazy and use the same exact ad on theblueline.com to advertise year after year. The starting salaries are vastly different from what I've see on that website. Maywood PD has some problems but most of the guys/gals make 90K with just a few hours of OT per month.
    I know a lot of the issue some folks had here was the starting pay, not the top out.

Leave a comment:

• goodfella
    replied
    Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
    A Maywood guy recently came over to work for my PD....that should make another spot. Good luck guys.
    Yes, the guy that lateraled from Maywood to Cicero is a standup great person and cop. Good luck to my Mr. R. People have to realize that some departments are lazy and use the same exact ad on theblueline.com to advertise year after year. The starting salaries are vastly different from what I've see on that website. Maywood PD has some problems but most of the guys/gals make 90K with just a few hours of OT per month.

Leave a comment:

• StephDakel
    replied
    A Maywood guy recently came over to work for my PD....that should make another spot. Good luck guys.

Leave a comment:

• TCraig74
    replied
    Interview was panel style with 5 of us at a time. Very formal, put on by COPS. Minute to think of an answer, minute to answer. I made the final list in a position where if they are hiring 5-7 I'd be in line to begin a background but haven't heard a peep.

Leave a comment:

• M.Z.
    replied
    Originally posted by TCraig74 View Post
    Anyone make the final list? Anyone hear back for the process to start?
    Im near the bottom of the list. Think 45ish passed. They interviewed top 20 fist.

Leave a comment:

• maidana
    replied
    How was the interview?

Leave a comment:

• TCraig74
    replied
    Anyone make the final list? Anyone hear back for the process to start?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5900 users online. 167 members and 5733 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X