300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maywoods starting pay

Is 42k. Is that the worst you have seen? If not who is?

I know people at Mcdonalds making over that

Comment

Thats bad no doubt

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
        I know people at Mcdonalds making over that
        Well it MCD's gets your blood going for more than 42K good. If working LE for 42k gets you going, good. Just be satisfied with how you make your money.

Comment

Harvey, Chicago Heights, East Hazel Crest and Burnham are right there. Dixmoor and Robbins are at the 30K per yr range. As of their 2014 pay rate, you are at 79,500 at 4 years.
          Last edited by ChiTownDet; 11-29-2015, 07:04 AM.

Comment

The thing is get your experience, which at Maywood you will get no doubt. Move along afterwards for better opportunities with those years under your belt.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
              Well it MCD's gets your blood going for more than 42K good. If working LE for 42k gets you going, good. Just be satisfied with how you make your money.
              Good point, but I always thought McDonald's slowed the flow of blood in your veins. Only kidding.
              Last edited by southpaw1; 11-29-2015, 01:10 PM.

Comment

I would apply but I hate the cops testing service.
                Vaya con dios

Comment

Take it anyway. Never know what may happen.

Comment

I'm 0-5 with cops testing

Comment

It's been bottled up, but I'll say it...

Just stop. Stop applying and leave. You've been on these boards complaining for years. You cry about various suburbs, cry about their processes, the pay, politics, you bagged on County after you were DQ'd, you bagged on CPD and yet still applied, bagged on ISP. What's ridiculous is that you make crack comments at people like SomeChicagoDude because of his motivation and applying, yet he has been hired twice now, one of which is his goal department. While you complain over various departments, you continue to get DQ'd and passed over while many users here have found careers and moved on. You've made comments in the past telling people to move on, yet you've never been hired and have been DQ'd multiple times.

If McDonalds pays more, work there. Bet you won't have any DQ issues with them.

Comment

Chiefs,
                        I'm not going to pile on you though it was tempting. If you don't undergo a serious adjustment in your demonstrated attitude and thinking you're going to be in trouble if you do get hired. Getting hired is just getting to the door. There are a trillion missteps to take that will get you tossed in FTO or on solo patrol during that 1st year. Other officers will make sure there doubts and questions about you are broadcast. They have to. It's a warning to others that a questionable officer might be a safety risk. For your own benefit, pump your brakes or find another career path.

Comment

I was hired in my young 20s, at which time salary wasnt as important to me as it was to my older colleagues. I know it sounds silly, but making just south of 40k and working the career of my dreams was enough to satisfy me. Sometimes I still can't believe what my current PD'S starting salary is, as oppose to the peanuts I made at my previous PD.

With that being said, this is a very competitive field. For every job you pass up, there's 100 guys behind you willing to take that spot with no hesitation. If you're serious about getting into law enforcement then prepare for sacrifices (salary, challenging work schedule, loss of sensitivity lol).
                          Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Yes like me lol I would gladly take 42k over my current job now and a LEO position..... If I was you I wouldn't be the police just for money. There's plenty of other careers you can go to college for to make twice that or more. Being the police is a calling. If you don't feel the calling and general passion to serve the public maybe your better off behind the Golden Arches. Lol

Comment

Chiefs, just ask yourself this question, honestly. Let's say you applied and applied to multiple departments and have gotten DQ's and non-selects across the board. But only one agency has given you a final offer with an academy date. But the starting pay is 42K. Will you turn down that position?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6801 users online. 224 members and 6577 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X