Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any departments in the suburbs who hire non certified and send through the part time

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any departments in the suburbs who hire non certified and send through the part time

Looking for information from others who are on the job.

Originally posted by S_Pac View Post
    Looking for information from others who are on the job.
    I'm not on the job, but have some insight on the topic. Try Phoenix IL police department. I believe they send their applicants through a PT academy.

Comment

Blue Island used to send everyone through. Try Hometown, also. Orland Hills used to send their CSO's through. Chicago Ridge and Oak Brook Auxiliary sent theirs though, also.

Comment

Stickney used to, Hometown will not, Chicago Ridge will last time I checked.

Comment

We had a part-timer with Evergreen Park in my class that got hired full time somewhere else.

Comment

Anyone know of any agency in Kane, Kendall, DeKalb, or McHenry county that will send officer through academy. Looking to start part-time, but don't want to work in the close to the city

Comment

According to Oak Brook website they currently only want people with full-time certification

Comment

I think Burnham does. Dolton used to if they don't now. You may want to give a call to NMERT and ask them about the agencies enrolling part time recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                  I think Burnham does. Dolton used to if they don't now. You may want to give a call to NMERT and ask them about the agencies enrolling part time recruits.
                  I don't think Dolton has sent anyone through in a while. But they do hire F/T with P/T cert. and send them to the 80 hr. transition class. If you are P/T certified, get on Dolton, as most of the guys that have been made F/T are either laterals or their P/T guys. South burbs are the king of part time guys, bar none.. Berwyn Auxiliary is a good place to get the P/T cert. also.

Get that cert. at one of the many "close in" PD's, then you can move out to the cornfields for a job more easily. Get more experience quickly, too, which will help you wherever you go. Many, many coppers got their start as PT guys in Blue Island.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10205 users online. 483 members and 9722 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X