300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theblueline.com

Question: Is it worth it to pay to become a member theblueline.com to see more job postings if I just want to stay in the suburbs?

No just check it continually, in my opinion its not worth paying for it..

Comment

That's what i thought. Thanks!

Comment

No problem glad I could help

Comment

Me too! Thanks

Comment

NEVER pay money to look for job postings.
            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Useless to pay. Keep active tabs on it. For the other departments that you are interested in, keep tabs on their Village Hall pages for the on-the-down-low job postings. For example, Worth PD used to only advertise on their own page. Last time they used BlueLine though. Palos Hills only uses their own page too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                Useless to pay. Keep active tabs on it. For the other departments that you are interested in, keep tabs on their Village Hall pages for the on-the-down-low job postings. For example, Worth PD used to only advertise on their own page. Last time they used BlueLine though. Palos Hills only uses their own page too.
                Cal City took applications earlier this year and I don't think anybody knew except the people inside the room. You can look them up online and still find 2013 information. How anyone knew they were testing still puzzles me.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                  Cal City took applications earlier this year and I don't think anybody knew except the people inside the room. You can look them up online and still find 2013 information. How anyone knew they were testing still puzzles me.
                  That test was definitely advertised somewhere...not on the blueline site though. I remember seeing it. For the record, they received a nice hiring grant recently so good luck to those who tested there!

Comment

I always said theblueline.com made an already competitive field, far more competitive. With that said, I remember the days of checking the site several times a month just to apply to different departments.....2008 seems so long ago.
                    Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
                      I always said theblueline.com made an already competitive field, far more competitive. With that said, I remember the days of checking the site several times a month just to apply to different departments.....2008 seems so long ago.
                      Yep. While the BlueLine is a nice concept, it made it hard for a lot of people. For example, when Worth just used to use their website to advertise, they would get maybe 20/30 people at their test and end up with 15/20 people for their list. Nice, quiet small town. That makes sense. They used Blue Line last time and had over 200 people show up with their final list being 100+. In all honesty, small town like that. Unless you are top 8, you aren't getting that job, lol.

Comment

Check indeed.com; police jobs+Illinois in the search engine. A lot of good job postings pop up there as well. Some that you won't see on the blueline.

Comment

Originally posted by ared1984 View Post
                          Check indeed.com; police jobs+Illinois in the search engine. A lot of good job postings pop up there as well. Some that you won't see on the blueline.
                          Great tip; thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
                            Yep. While the BlueLine is a nice concept, it made it hard for a lot of people. For example, when Worth just used to use their website to advertise, they would get maybe 20/30 people at their test and end up with 15/20 people for their list. Nice, quiet small town. That makes sense. They used Blue Line last time and had over 200 people show up with their final list being 100+. In all honesty, small town like that. Unless you are top 8, you aren't getting that job, lol.
                            Not always true. In 2011 worth hired someone who's number was in the high 20's.
                            Vaya con dios

Comment

Personal friend.
                              Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6985 users online. 246 members and 6739 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X