300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frospike38 View Post
    Bench is laying on your back. And you'll want to be standing by the garage door so that you can be one of the first people for the run. If you're not near the door then have fun waiting around for a very loong time, to do the run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by Uonbs-co View Post
      Have you ever ran before to prepare for the test??
      Eat the same thing as you did then. 10-4?

10-4

Comment

1. Make sure your croc straps are around your heels.
        2. Head to the garage door with the doorbell.
        3. Once running, never look behind you and remember "rubbing is racing". Don’t Let Anyone Pass !
        4. I always do an extra lap and drop at the finish line to do 10 push-ups when im done, its very intimidating to others and shows you mean business.

Good Luck, don't worry about it. You usually do better b/c nerves are jacked and keeping pace with others helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritter View Post
          3. Once running, never look behind you and remember "rubbing is racing". Don’t Let Anyone Pass !
          4. I always do an extra lap and drop at the finish line to do 10 push-ups when im done, its very intimidating to others and shows you mean business.

Good Luck, don't worry about it. You usually do better b/c nerves are jacked and keeping pace with others helps.
          Are you actually implying I wear crocs? *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by Fritter View Post

Be careful, watch your lap count, you may think you are doing an extra lap and it may mistakenly counted as your last lap.

Comment

Okay...one more question: on the bench press machine that they use, are your hands parallel to the floor or perpendicular/ are they vertical or horizontal? I saw a picture of the machine they use. My gym has one similar, but there are two different positions for your hands and everyone is talking about the hand grips, so I just want to make sure I'm as prepared as I can possibly be, even though the test is two days away. Thanks again.

Comment

Carbs and protein, I usually eat 3 eggs scrambled and a bowl of oatmeal and a banana on the car ride before I go for my power test and some times I'll eat what I just said for breakfast and wait about 2 hours and cook a piece of chicken and some sweet potatoes before I go, but that's only if I have a pt in the after noon.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jami86e View Post
                  Okay...one more question: on the bench press machine that they use, are your hands parallel to the floor or perpendicular/ are they vertical or horizontal? I saw a picture of the machine they use. My gym has one similar, but there are two different positions for your hands and everyone is talking about the hand grips, so I just want to make sure I'm as prepared as I can possibly be, even though the test is two days away. Thanks again.
                  More than likely parallel.. But depending on which location you're going to they may use a machine or free weight!

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                    More than likely parallel.. But depending on which location you're going to they may use a machine or free weight!
                    There's more than one location??

Comment

The press machine they use simulates an actual free-weight press so your hands will be in the same position. They do everything besides the sit ups in groups I believe. Once the process starts it goes pretty quick. The run is last and depending on how many testers they have you'll run in groups of 5-6. Eat light and stretch really well before you start. They may have you running into the wind so be prepared. Run is not done on a formal track.... Just around some cones on the concrete. 9 times around if I remember correctly. Just keep training you'll be fine. At that time I trained for a 17:30 2 mile run and that was more than enough to be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by ared1984 View Post
                        ...They may have you running into the wind so be prepared.
                        ^This part is very true. The winds out there suck! Lol. Especially if it's cold outside. There are no real barriers that stop it. It's an open field and 9 out of 10 times it's a factor. It's not a big deal but at a certain turn it made it feel like I was running UPHILL!

Comment

Thanks, everyone; I passed! Also, fyi, they said from December - February, they borrow a track from a neighboring facility, so if running on the concrete and outdoors is an issue, you should take the test there during those months.

Comment

Anyone know how to go about getting a replacement NIPSTA card? What documents will I need?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4394 users online. 198 members and 4196 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X