• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arbiter7
    replied
    Originally posted by leohopeful77 View Post
    Anyone hear anything yet?
    Nothing yet, they are supposed to send your application and their interview notes to the board of commissions and from there they continue on with the step. I figure by now they would be done with interviews though at least.....

Leave a comment:

• leohopeful77
    replied
    Anyone hear anything yet?

Leave a comment:

• Arbiter7
    commented on 's reply
    Figured as much since I haven't seen a PD NOT use a polygraph in the process. Mind if I ask you what your source is though?

Edit: So no source then. I'll stick with the reliable information on the website.
    Last edited by Arbiter7; 05-27-2018, 11:55 AM.

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
    Can't wait for my interview next week. I'm really surprised at how fast this process is going but it kind of makes sense since they are trying to send candidates to the academy in September. What I am also surprised with is the application procedure:
    • Testing Procedure: Stages of the selection process include:
      • Physical Test
      • Orientation
      • Written Exam
      • Interview with Police & Fire Commission <---- I am here
      • Background Check
      • Psychological Exam
      • Medical Exam

No polygraph or final interview is listed here, so I am wondering if the process for this department is really that easy.....? I figure by the end of May interviews should be done, so I wonder if they are going to spend the majority of the summer doing background checks and if so maybe they will have us fill out some sort of background packet?

Also, what does a medical exam consist of? I've never done one before.
    That process is still not easy. You still have to come bring your A-game at every step. You still have a background check to go through, and every department does theirs a bit differently. Just because you have past one, doesnt mean you are guaranteed to pass this one.
    And the psych test is a toss up honestly, either you fit the department profile or you dont.

Good luck. And a medical exam is an exam to see if you are fit to perform the job.

Leave a comment:

• Cherokee1814
    commented on 's reply
    There is a polygraph, it’s just not listed there

• Arbiter7
    replied
    Can't wait for my interview next week. I'm really surprised at how fast this process is going but it kind of makes sense since they are trying to send candidates to the academy in September. What I am also surprised with is the application procedure:
    • Testing Procedure: Stages of the selection process include:
      • Physical Test
      • Orientation
      • Written Exam
      • Interview with Police & Fire Commission <---- I am here
      • Background Check
      • Psychological Exam
      • Medical Exam

No polygraph or final interview is listed here, so I am wondering if the process for this department is really that easy.....? I figure by the end of May interviews should be done, so I wonder if they are going to spend the majority of the summer doing background checks and if so maybe they will have us fill out some sort of background packet?

Also, what does a medical exam consist of? I've never done one before.
    Last edited by Arbiter7; 05-09-2018, 12:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    commented on 's reply
    So was I. I'll bet you're not a "Hinsdale Type" of copper, Joe...LOL

• egwinl
    replied
    Good luck to everyone who interviewed today. While doing my research I really came to like what this police department and town are about. It is definitely a gem. I would be honored to be a part of this team.

Leave a comment:

• ChiTownDet
    commented on 's reply
    And as with nice places that are surrounded by other high end towns, small things become a big deal. Expect to write a lot of traffic.

• ChicagoBorn773
    replied
    egwinl In the same boat, this seems to be a very good department to get on

Leave a comment:

• egwinl
    replied
    I have my application and documents turned in. I am now preparing for the exam. I would really like to be a part of this department.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    I was shocked to find out I started this thread...

Leave a comment:

• ChicagoBorn773
    commented on 's reply
    Cherokee1814 thank you for the information

• Cherokee1814
    commented on 's reply
    Here’s your answer

https://www.facebook.com/13407068333...1611144243643/

• ChicagoBorn773
    replied
    Applications have opened back up http://theblueline.com/feature/ILhinsdale7.html

Any information on this department?
    Are they currently hiring?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5355 users online. 194 members and 5161 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X