300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hinsdale

Are they actually hiring? Any other department info would be cool. Thanks.

Last edited by southpaw13; 10-21-2015, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Small department and it seems like they only have 2-3 working each shift. Not sure if they're hiring, but I can ask one of their guys next time I see them.

Comment

Nice town surrounded by nice towns, but I've arrested 4 or 5 junkies coming out of the west side who all tell me there is police work to be done if you look hard enough.

I don't actually know anything about the department.

Comment

• ChiTownDet
          ChiTownDet commented
          Editing a comment
          And as with nice places that are surrounded by other high end towns, small things become a big deal. Expect to write a lot of traffic.

Last time I was in Hinsdale was to get a poly. Big name dealerships out there if I'm correct. Good tax base which means good salary. Again, that was 10 yrs ago.

Comment

Applications have opened back up http://theblueline.com/feature/ILhinsdale7.html

Any information on this department?
          Are they currently hiring?

Comment

I was shocked to find out I started this thread...

Comment

• ChiTownDet
            ChiTownDet commented
            Editing a comment
            So was I. I'll bet you're not a "Hinsdale Type" of copper, Joe...LOL

I have my application and documents turned in. I am now preparing for the exam. I would really like to be a part of this department.

Comment

egwinl In the same boat, this seems to be a very good department to get on

Comment

Good luck to everyone who interviewed today. While doing my research I really came to like what this police department and town are about. It is definitely a gem. I would be honored to be a part of this team.

Comment

Can't wait for my interview next week. I'm really surprised at how fast this process is going but it kind of makes sense since they are trying to send candidates to the academy in September. What I am also surprised with is the application procedure:
                • Testing Procedure: Stages of the selection process include:
                  • Physical Test
                  • Orientation
                  • Written Exam
                  • Interview with Police & Fire Commission <---- I am here
                  • Background Check
                  • Psychological Exam
                  • Medical Exam

No polygraph or final interview is listed here, so I am wondering if the process for this department is really that easy.....? I figure by the end of May interviews should be done, so I wonder if they are going to spend the majority of the summer doing background checks and if so maybe they will have us fill out some sort of background packet?

Also, what does a medical exam consist of? I've never done one before.
                Last edited by Arbiter7; 05-09-2018, 12:45 AM.

Comment

• Cherokee1814
                  Cherokee1814 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There is a polygraph, it’s just not listed there

• Arbiter7
                  Arbiter7 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Figured as much since I haven't seen a PD NOT use a polygraph in the process. Mind if I ask you what your source is though?

Edit: So no source then. I'll stick with the reliable information on the website.
                  Last edited by Arbiter7; 05-27-2018, 11:55 AM.

Originally posted by Arbiter7 View Post
                Can't wait for my interview next week. I'm really surprised at how fast this process is going but it kind of makes sense since they are trying to send candidates to the academy in September. What I am also surprised with is the application procedure:
                • Testing Procedure: Stages of the selection process include:
                  • Physical Test
                  • Orientation
                  • Written Exam
                  • Interview with Police & Fire Commission <---- I am here
                  • Background Check
                  • Psychological Exam
                  • Medical Exam

No polygraph or final interview is listed here, so I am wondering if the process for this department is really that easy.....? I figure by the end of May interviews should be done, so I wonder if they are going to spend the majority of the summer doing background checks and if so maybe they will have us fill out some sort of background packet?

Also, what does a medical exam consist of? I've never done one before.
                That process is still not easy. You still have to come bring your A-game at every step. You still have a background check to go through, and every department does theirs a bit differently. Just because you have past one, doesnt mean you are guaranteed to pass this one.
                And the psych test is a toss up honestly, either you fit the department profile or you dont.

Good luck. And a medical exam is an exam to see if you are fit to perform the job.

Comment

Anyone hear anything yet?

Comment

Originally posted by leohopeful77 View Post
                    Anyone hear anything yet?
                    Nothing yet, they are supposed to send your application and their interview notes to the board of commissions and from there they continue on with the step. I figure by now they would be done with interviews though at least.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9927 users online. 385 members and 9542 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X