300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflicting Test Dates:

Hey guys/gals! I started this thread so people could give each other a heads up about conflicting future test dates (POWER tests, written tests, etc.). Something was mentioned in a previous post about a few suburban test dates and a CPD Initial PT on the same day (i'll find it and post it).

Feel free to post anything of relevance to help each other out.
    Last edited by southpaw13; 10-30-2015, 04:13 AM. Reason: edit

Originally posted by younggun3515 View Post
    I wonder the same thing with midlothian and vernon hills the same day, and some people have the initial power for chicago on that day
    ^I found it.

EDIT: 10/17.
    Last edited by southpaw13; 10-30-2015, 04:14 AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
      ^I found it.

EDIT: Oh I guess it would help if I shared the date hahah. 10/17.
      I don't know why anyone would go Midlo over Vernon Hills, if they read the contracts, unless they are trying to be "THE REAL POLICE"..at which point they'll probably end up still testing at Vernon Hills years later after they have accomplished that goal.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
        I don't know why anyone would go Midlo over Vernon Hills, if they read the contracts, unless they are trying to be "THE REAL POLICE"..at which point they'll probably end up still testing at Vernon Hills years later after they have accomplished that goal.
        I don't know JS....closer to home? Experience? I'm just the messenger providing some info and trying to be objective about it. Oh yeah, UPDATE: Country Club Hills...same day as well.

EDIT:.....With all do respect
        Last edited by southpaw13; 10-29-2015, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Check your calendars! Three tests on the same day - 11/14. I'm bored lol.......so I found out that Oak Brook, Riverdale and Belvidere test on that day.

Comment

Check your calendars! Three tests on the same day - 11/14. I'm bored lol.......so I found out that Oak Brook, Riverdale and Belvidere test on that day.
            Better to pick 1 than not going to any....

Comment

Go to where you would want to make it a career.

Comment

Here's a better one for ya.

Say you just started a new job and your on probation on a non-LE job for a couple months, but you're still applying for LE departments and the date of the written exam you are scheduled to work...

What would you do in that scenario?

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
                  Here's a better one for ya.

Say you just started a new job and your on probation on a non-LE job for a couple months, but you're still applying for LE departments and the date of the written exam you are scheduled to work...

What would you do in that scenario?
                  Try being on probation for 4 years just got hired this year and applying to law enforcement jobs it's hard. My ultimate goal is to be in law enforcement but I don't want to get fired from my good paying job with good benefits and if I did get fire than I'm ****ed, I'm out of my livelihood maybe even homeless and more than likely the law enforcement job won't hire me now talk about a lose lose situation.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CHICAGOCUBS24 View Post
                    Try being on probation for 4 years just got hired this year and applying to law enforcement jobs it's hard. My ultimate goal is to be in law enforcement but I don't want to get fired from my good paying job with good benefits and if I did get fire than I'm ****ed, I'm out of my livelihood maybe even homeless and more than likely the law enforcement job won't hire me now talk about a lose lose situation.

True. Then you have to give your supervisor a heads up for the LE process, hoping they'll understand your situation and future goal can be difficult sometimes! You must work at a government agency?

Comment

Man that's double the strictest probationary period for any LE agency in this state! That's a tough gamble for sure. Go with your gut but at the same time be careful about jeopardizing what's in front of you.

Comment

Last edited by southpaw13; 10-30-2015, 04:11 AM.

Comment

In a way I was lucky. I knew getting out of the military, I wanted to be get into LE. I had prepared me and the family for 6 months of unemployment. Gave me the time I needed to fly all over the country for the LE interviews. Didnt want to take a job(had a few decent offers) that I was new at but still needed time off to find another job. But things work out for a reason, month 4 of that unemployment period ended with the job I wanted. No matter what your desire or drive, you just gotta plan what you want and take the calculated risks you are willing to take to obtain what you want.

(stumbles off soapbox)

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                            In a way I was lucky. I knew getting out of the military, I wanted to be get into LE. I had prepared me and the family for 6 months of unemployment. Gave me the time I needed to fly all over the country for the LE interviews. Didnt want to take a job(had a few decent offers) that I was new at but still needed time off to find another job. But things work out for a reason, month 4 of that unemployment period ended with the job I wanted. No matter what your desire or drive, you just gotta plan what you want and take the calculated risks you are willing to take to obtain what you want.

(stumbles off soapbox)
                            I was in the process of applying at multiple agency and than I got offered this job after applying for multiple years and I wasn't going to not take it on the hope I would of gotten hired in a law enforcement job and it's a good thing I did take the job because so far I haven't gotten hire yet and ill never give up on my goals.

Comment

Man that's double the strictest probationary period for any LE agency in this state! That's a tough gamble for sure. Go with your gut but at the same time be careful about jeopardizing what's in front of you.
                              Tell me about it, it's going to be a long 4 years.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4932 users online. 257 members and 4675 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X