Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

University of Chicago Police hiring - Hyde Park's finest - Details???

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• University of Chicago Police hiring - Hyde Park's finest - Details???

Can anyone let me know the following:

Does this department have police pensions or is it University retirement?

What's the retirement age/Years of service?

Got any UCPD officers on the forums? What's the department like? Is it still highly paid security in the sense that you have to police the way the community wants you to and basically stay out of CPD's way and let CPD handle most of the calls or is it more flexible? Granted, the University is the top priority, however, most incidents that happen in the vicinity of campus are non-university related. Does the job get boring? Upward mobility?

What's the year commitment before you can lateral out, if you choose to lateral?

Originally posted by VidaG View Post
    Can anyone let me know the following:

Does this department have police pensions or is it University retirement?

What's the retirement age/Years of service?

Got any UCPD officers on the forums? What's the department like? Is it still highly paid security in the sense that you have to police the way the community wants you to and basically stay out of CPD's way and let CPD handle most of the calls or is it more flexible? Granted, the University is the top priority, however, most incidents that happen in the vicinity of campus are non-university related. Does the job get boring? Upward mobility?

What's the year commitment before you can lateral out, if you choose to lateral?
    No

67 years old

Yes, yes

Not a civil service position. People have left Sgt., etc. and gone back to P/O for the union protection.

Think it's 3 years

Comment

I knew a couple guys who did it and moved on to municipal police depts. I'd do it, get certified, lay low for a year , get some of their free tuition and move on.

Comment

I sent you a inbox. Basically get certified and move on as mentioned by subzero. Pay is not bad, but if you are looking for a true police experience move on eventually. Good people at UCPD....

Comment

Do they require you to have a bachelors!?

Comment

I do not recall...i want to say yes unless your certified.

Comment

Working for a university seems like more of a headache than anything. An entire campus of liberals? Yea no thanks.
              Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Almost every job is political...but working there is very very political. You will have plenty of issues outside the police department. Your restricted to certain things you can do. There was fun days if you were working a beat outside the campus. With all the arm robberies you can find some things to do.

Comment

Anyone here applied besides me?
                  Vaya con dios

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9618 users online. 396 members and 9222 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X