Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been doing this gig for almost 3yrs and I've never had to solve an overly complicated math word problem on the job, lol. These entrance exams barely had anything to do with the job. BRB, going into Nuclear Physics, I hope the entrance exam is about baking cookies!

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
      Been doing this gig for almost 3yrs and I've never had to solve an overly complicated math word problem on the job, lol. These entrance exams barely had anything to do with the job. BRB, going into Nuclear Physics, I hope the entrance exam is about baking cookies!
      I just took an exam and it was seriously geared towards English majors with a Ph.D. I thought English was one of my strongest subjects, but after taking the test, I saw words that I never knew existed, I was like seriously wtf...and the provided study guide was absolutely 0 help and about 100x easier/scaled down from the actual test. I would have been very upset if I had paid for the study guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep. I saw a few of the exams that had "vocabulary". Most of the words I never knew. I would try to remember them, go home, look them up, and create my own "study guide" from what I remembered. That's how my scores got better. The worst one I thought was COPS. Asking questions that most people haven't thought of/studied since high school, combined with a ridiculous vocab section and questions that made you "guess".

Comment

Yea I know what you mean. Luckily I haven't taken the COPS test for any dept, yet.. I've heard some bad stories about it. I've taken tests by most vendors and they all suck, lol. I hate the personality portion of these tests because I score highly for some depts and then fail others, using nearly the exact test. Oh the struggles..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shmandalynn View Post
            Although I do not really have the time to respond as professionally with as many big words as Monty, I did understand the responses. I'm blonde though, so it took me a few read throughs to comprehend it. Haha I'm kidding. Maybe...
            Sorry if I overdid anything -- you can contact me at cu29@copmail.com
            (although I'm sworn LE, I'm not a cop -- but I'm nevertheless on our side)
            if you send me a message I will reply.

Comment

www.uscapitolpolice.gov/post_study_guide. Hopefully this helps. My advice after 14 years of seeing this test...most people get tripped up because it is a timed test. More than likely you know the material, and would score a 100 if it weren't timed. I would focus more on time management than trying to cram. Good luck to ya.

Comment

Yep. I saw a few of the exams that had "vocabulary". Most of the words I never knew. I would try to remember them, go home, look them up, and create my own "study guide" from what I remembered. That's how my scores got better. The worst one I thought was COPS. Asking questions that most people haven't thought of/studied since high school, combined with a ridiculous vocab section and questions that made you "guess".
                My son did this exact same thing. He went from failing a test by a point, to going to the low 80's on the next one from the same company. Just on the vocab section. If you pay attention, remember where you had a problem and plug along, your score for the written will improve.

Comment

As long as you know what 1.5 times your hours are for that yellow slip.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6206 users online. 238 members and 5968 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X