300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by littleguy View Post
    I heard they couldn't keep officers but i don't know if that is true or not.
    I know of more cases of people getting fired or indicted etc. than voluntarily quitting. That's just me though. Even if you look at the past few chiefs they have had. They are on at least chief 5 in the last 7-8 years. I can't think of one of those chiefs that up and left voluntarily for some greener pasture. Most of them wanted to stay one way or the other but were shown the door, for an assortment of reasons and many of them appropriate. Their staffing is not because people leave left and right. It is more so that they have not kept up with attrition for several years. Every one knows part-timers are looking for full-time slots. They are not short on full-time applicants, just hiring them. I'm guessing many of the part-timers probably leave for full-time status elsewhere, if offered.

Comment

Not sure, but a friend of mine told me they layed Officers off a couple years ago. Not sure if it was FT or PT. anyone know what the administration is like at that place?

Comment

Originally posted by CCSPD 1592 View Post
        Not sure, but a friend of mine told me they layed Officers off a couple years ago. Not sure if it was FT or PT. anyone know what the administration is like at that place?
        Brand new chief whose seat isn't even warm yet. I wanna say they may have tossed some part-timers out some years ago during a transition in administration but it wasn't a traditional lay off. There were some other factors beyond the control of some of the officers.

Comment

Ahhhh ok makes sense. Not a bad starting pay, they have a residency?

Comment

It's like 20 or 25 miles and can go into Indiana.

Comment

Residency 20 miles as mentioned by Chi Town Det. Part-timers were laid off i believe. Mayor is a former/retired state trooper. Dolton new cars looks like the new state trooper vehicles. They just got a new chief literally a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jehende View Post
                Residency 20 miles as mentioned by Chi Town Det. Part-timers were laid off i believe. Mayor is a former/retired state trooper. Dolton new cars looks like the new state trooper vehicles. They just got a new chief literally a week ago.
                I think the mayor is a county (CCSAO?) investigator now or something like that. He didn't retire from ISP, that I am sure of.

Comment

Im not sure, but i know their new squads look exactly like IL State trooper vehicles. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by jehende View Post
                    Im not sure, but i know their new squads look exactly like IL State trooper vehicles. Lol
                    They do. Somehow I like them as Dolton cars but they look horrible as ISP cars.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                      I know of more cases of people getting fired or indicted etc. than voluntarily quitting. That's just me though. Even if you look at the past few chiefs they have had. They are on at least chief 5 in the last 7-8 years. I can't think of one of those chiefs that up and left voluntarily for some greener pasture. Most of them wanted to stay one way or the other but were shown the door, for an assortment of reasons and many of them appropriate.
                      I think Ronnie was about 3 of those Chiefs..LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTownDet View Post
                        I think Ronnie was about 3 of those Chiefs..LOL
                        I LITERALLY LAUGHED OUT LOUD! I am positive that will absolutely be the FUNNIEST thing I hear all day LOLOL

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7337 users online. 319 members and 7018 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X