• Show
Clear All

• Dolton ( Certified FT )

Starting Salary: $56,990
    Population: 25,000
    Sworn Officers: 47
    Application Deadline: 10/19/15

Qualifications:
    Must be state certified as a full time police officer with the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board (Part Time certification does not meet this requirement).
    Must have been employed as a full time sworn police officer in the last 2 years (in good standing).
    Must not have surpassed the age of 40 at the time of application.
    Must possess a valid Illinois Drivers License.
    Must comply with all requirements and pass all examinations and training requirements.
    Must be able to pass an intensive background investigation.
    No felony or misdemeanor convictions.

Application packets can be picked up at:

Dolton Police Department
    14030 Park Avenue
    Dolton, IL 60419

They haven't even hired off their current list.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
      They haven't even hired off their current list.
      They haven't hired off an eligibility list in the last 10 years at least.

Comment

It sounds like the department is really short on staff and in serious need.

Comment

Originally posted by littleguy View Post
          You hit it right on the dot. I was just talking to a guy yesterday and he was talking how short staffed they were. You will definitely stay busy in Dolton.

Comment

Originally posted by littleguy View Post

They are literally always really short on staff and in serious need. They address it by hiring part timers and moving them to full time status eventually. I bet they'll hire off this lateral list since they dont have to certify you.

Comment

As a near south suburb, there is some good work to be had working for Dolton. But I could never work where I used to live. It would be too many past women causing me current troubles

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                As a near south suburb, there is some good work to be had working for Dolton. But I could never work where I used to live. It would be too many past women causing me current troubles
                Hmmm Scotty Appleton or Scottie Pippen???

Comment

CCSPD practically patrols most, if not all of Dolton. The gang unit is always there, and I noticed that Cal City crosses through there a lot. SPD conducts a lot of traffic stops on Sibley Blvd.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post
                    CCSPD practically patrols most, if not all of Dolton. The gang unit is always there, and I noticed that Cal City crosses through there a lot. SPD conducts a lot of traffic stops on Sibley Blvd.

Yeah they patrol the area but they aren't answering calls. It's mostly a political gesture. The residents get extra police presence. The sheriff says look we're here to help (vote for meeeee). As far as actually responding to jobs, investigating shootings etc. the sheriff's police isn't exactly keeping them afloat. They are mostly back up for whoever needs it in the area. Nothing personal, just being honest. This isn't Ford Heights. Every town over there has their own PD and most of them will back each other up. They may be short manpower but it's by choice. They keep trying to avoid spending money. It's not that they can't keep POs. It's that they can't agree to hire them.

Comment

By the way Scotty...do I know you from The Carter?

Comment

I heard they couldn't keep officers but i don't know if that is true or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                          By the way Scotty...do I know you from The Carter?
                          Naw naw naw, you don't know me from the Carter. Must be some guy name Brown you talking about. And you're the first to mention it too!

Comment

Originally posted by ccsd0601 View Post

And another reason you see the CCSPD gang unit in Dolton is because there is a nice size gang presence in Dolton. And you will see Cal City and Harvey, and Riverdale, and South Holland all cross the line of each others town because they have a lot of the same ummm 'clientele' conducting business throughout those near south burbs, so their investigations naturally lead them to blur the boundary line of their jurisdictions. And Sibley takes you from what, Oak Forest-ish all the way to Indiana, it's just natural that a lot of people and goods and things are moving on that street. I don't knock Dolton, I lived there for years and still have family there that I see often.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                              Naw naw naw, you don't know me from the Carter. Must be some guy name Brown you talking about. And you're the first to mention it too!
                              Genius! I figured I would be the door prize winner. Just hate that you beat me to it. I would certainly have stolen the idea.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9453 users online. 375 members and 9078 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X