300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips for state exam

Hey guys I have the state exam coming up tomorrow and wanted to know if you guys have any tips for taking the test? I know to study all the material given during the academy and I should do fine. I just cant shake the feeling that I am going to fail the test. I have scored 92% average on all the tests through out the academy and know for the most part all the material inside and out but I still can not shake that feeling. Its probably the whole failing the test and being fired and having to start all over again. anyways and advice or anything would be helpful.

Stop tripping, you been doing well thus far. Dont psych yourself out of it. Go in and take care of business and finish strong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

EVERYONE trips out before this test, and EVERYONE will trip out while waiting for the results of said-test. If you did great on the exams, you'll do fine. Typically by this point, people have done study groups, and reviewed "academy hand-me-down" study guides. You'll do fine.

In my class, the week we had to wait for scores. EVERYONE thought they failed. It was a funny week because everyone was paranoid. Then everyone passed. I only knew of 3 people who failed the exam while I was in. All 3 ended up passing it on subsequent shots.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
        EVERYONE trips out before this test, and EVERYONE will trip out while waiting for the results of said-test. If you did great on the exams, you'll do fine. Typically by this point, people have done study groups, and reviewed "academy hand-me-down" study guides. You'll do fine.

In my class, the week we had to wait for scores. EVERYONE thought they failed. It was a funny week because everyone was paranoid. Then everyone passed. I only knew of 3 people who failed the exam while I was in. All 3 ended up passing it on subsequent shots.
        Both Scotty and Raiden are right. You'll be a nervous wreck until you get the certification back...then you'll look back and say that was it? I've taken entry level written exams that were harder to get through than the cert. You'll do fine. I haven't met anyone personally that I am sure failed the cert. I only know of instances through other people. The failures are that few.

Comment

Thanks for the words of encouragement guys. I know that it doesn't make much sense to worry when I know the material. I can't wait until years down the road I'll look back at this and laugh about it lol.

Comment

Your academy staff has made sure that you learned everything you need to know for the state exam. You'll be fine.

Comment

It's pre exam jitters. Everyone gets them. Just relax, take it easy and fall back on the knowledge you have learned. I did the same, I was first in my class academically and still did it. Don't sweat it. If you did thay well during the academy on testing you'll be fine on the exam.

Comment

If you averaged 92% on the weekly tests, you'll be fine for the State Test. I was in a class years ago that took the 2nd state cert. ever given. We were lucky enough to get the version of the test that had about farm equipment, and livestock. We passed.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys. Well I took the test and I am on the fence with how I felt I did. Logically I have been doing good so far and I shouldn't worry. But on the other hand It seemed like half of the test was stuff that was never even covered but common sense. Just two weeks from Friday and I should know for sure. Thanks Again

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8708 users online. 371 members and 8337 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X