Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Part Time Certification doesn't meet requirement?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Time Certification doesn't meet requirement?

Can someone please clear this up for me.

Most apps will say PT Cert doesn't meet requirement but is usually followed by can not need more than 40 hours of training.

So if you have been a police officer for 10 years, you are currently a supervisor BUT you went through the PT Academy with the 80 hour transition....you can't lateral or apply? Doesn't make sense, unless I'm reading into this too much.

Please help

If you have done the part-time academy and the two week transition, you are full-time certified. They are likely referring to those who have only done the part-time or the out of state laterals who can do the 40 hour Law For Police (now offered online). You are probably reading too much into it.

One of the officers I supervise did the part-time academy and the 80 hour transition. His most recent certificate reads Law Enforcement Officer just like mine and he is just as certified as I am.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Phew ok! Thanks a lot! Because I know the state doesn't reissue certs anymore and family wants to move job pending. Thanks for the quick response

Comment

Good luck buddy, hope it works out

Comment

Thanks! Lady has family up north and pressuring to move. We will see how it goes

Comment

Never saw a CCSPD with a PT cert.

Comment

Yeah....

I was thinking maybe he was PT, got the 80hr transition, and THEN got on CCSP......buuuutttttt he would have had to go through the jail first, then gone to the CCSP academy anyways, cause they don't give a **** if you're certified.

And once you do the 80 hour, your very becomes full time anyways, so it wouldn't matter.you're not PT with 80 hour.....you're just full time certified.

Comment

Thanks for the responses everyone. I created my account a while back, the name came from my father who passed away.

I had a former coworker say differently about the 80 hr, he was also a person that hated anything PT. Just wanted to clear it up. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CCSPD 1592 View Post
                  Thanks for the responses everyone. I created my account a while back, the name came from my father who passed away.

I had a former coworker say differently about the 80 hr, he was also a person that hated anything PT. Just wanted to clear it up. Thanks
                  Great inspiration for a username.

Comment

Originally posted by CCSPD 1592 View Post

I wouldn't worry about your former co-worker... He obviously doesn't know much about How the state certs work.

Any PT who goes through the 80 he transition course is NOW FULL TIME. That's why they call it a transition course...... You're transitioning from Part time to Full-time certified.

Comment

Originally posted by D.T.O.M View Post
                      I wouldn't worry about your former co-worker... He obviously doesn't know much about How the state certs work.

Any PT who goes through the 80 he transition course is NOW FULL TIME. That's why they call it a transition course...... You're transitioning from Part time to Full-time certified.
                      I also learned that bit of info today. But then again, I didnt act like I knew. Thanks for sharing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9239 users online. 394 members and 8845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X