Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you from the 2016 list.

Comment

• Hey guys I'm really late to this forum. I took the 2016 exam and did the initial power test/drug test. I didn't have enough college credits at the time and was given until this past summer 2018 to complete and turn in my transcripts, which I did. I turned them in mid june and had the home visit with the investigator the weekend after the fourth of july. I was told by Kentech in early august that my packet was submitted to CPD. shortly after I was called in for my polygraph around which was about mid aug. Since the poly I haven't heard anything from the department and wondered if anyone experienced the same issue. I've contacted HR and was given the number to their "processing hotline." I've tried calling a few time but I've either not gotten anyone at all or got hung up on. Is anyone else in the same boat as me?

Comment

• Jay2337
        Jay2337 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea someone I know waited 3 months to hear from an investigator and get their final power test after poly. Everyone's file is different, and you can't really pinpoint why you might be taking longer than others. If you have red flags on your file that might hold it up for a bit, or if you've had a lot of jobs the investigator might not have been able to get in contact with all of them yet. If I were you I would call and politely pester them until I got an answer lol. There's also the possibility you didn't pass the polygraph, but hopefully that's not the case. Maybe even try going down to HQ and seeing what's up? you've got nothing to lose right? Good luck!

• I took the test in April 2016, my CPD investigator said i am disqualified, in 2017, but he never sent the letter with the disqualification. Is it true that future applications won't be taken into consideration until my first application is closed? i talked to some lawyers and they said without the letter of disqualification i can't do anything. Obviously, my CPD investigator is not returning my calls. Anyone experienced something similar? I also took the test in 2017, went to processing in march 2018, submitted my online questionnaire,and nothing after that. Any suggestions?

Comment

• Cpdd
        Cpdd commented
        Editing a comment
        Have you spoken with HR? Your background investigator is not the one who sends out the letter. The letter is sent out by HR and many people have reported that it takes a long time. If you have not called, I would reccomend doing that. They will not give you the specific reason why you were disqualified over the phone. But if you want a detailed answer you can always go to HQ and inquire with them. But yes the letter does take a long time unless they changed this process recently.

• I spoke to HR but they said they never received the paperwork from the investigator. I guess i just have to wait and continue to apply. thanks for the response

Comment

• 1021chicago
        1021chicago commented
        Editing a comment
        It took me almost two years to get a DQ email, I’m still waiting on the letter with specifics.

But, your original question asked about testing again - you will not move forward until your 2016 application is closed. You’ll have to wait until HR sends you a letter asking you to confirm that either your wish to appeal or accept the DQ. If you accept you can move forward.

• Well I got a call yesterday from a SGT in the investigation department and he told me they will finish up my background in the next month or so and it looks like it will be a DQ SMH I guess I have to start looking for a lawyer

Comment

• AspiringChicagoCop
        AspiringChicagoCop commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang, sorry to hear that.. What do you think your red flags might be? PM me if you don't want to share it.

• Southside_Vet
        Southside_Vet commented
        Editing a comment
        I don't mind share at all I had and arrest in 2003 along side my father. 15 years later I found out they placed me and my father in chicago police gang database. Thank god Had already spoke to a lawyer and the alderman of the 22 ward in regards to this. Look up 22 ward alderman and you'll understand what's going to happen next

• Southside_Vet
        Southside_Vet commented
        Editing a comment
        I forgot to mention that my father is also a former CPD officers himself lol this is about to be fun

• Possibly will have a 2 bedroom apartment with 1 parking spot for rent in February. Located in Norwood Park just next to the Kennedy. Message me if you are interested.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4861 users online. 165 members and 4696 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X