300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Police 2016

Bernstein Test Prep leaked the information. Application supposed to be out in October 2015 and test in February 2016.
    Last edited by Aendos; 08-21-2015, 11:05 PM.

Originally posted by Aendos View Post
    Bernstein Test Prep leaked the information. Application supposed to be out in October 2016 and test in February 2016.
    Application will be out this year 2015 not next year.

CPD Hopeful!

Comment

So which is it? Both you guys are giving different answers lol

Comment

I'm sure he meant October 2015 for the application. You'll hear plenty of info in the coming months, it wont sneak up on anyone

Comment

Yes my mistake - application out in October 2015.

Comment

Damn you Aendos, I wanted to start the new CPD2016 thread.

Comment

Originally posted by NEC1234 View Post
              I'm sure he meant October 2015 for the application. You'll hear plenty of info in the coming months, it wont sneak up on anyone
              Yup, we'll hear Rahmanuel on B96 and 103.5 encouraging everyone to take the exam

Comment

Isn't it a bit early for a CPD 2016 thread

Comment

Yes but I had to make sure my name goes down in the annals of officer.com history

Comment

Originally posted by Aendos View Post
                    Yes but I had to make sure my name goes down in the annals of officer.com history

You still in the running from the 2013 list right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago pd View Post
                      You still in the running from the 2013 list right?
                      Yes - Wave 4 and supposedly waiting for CPD to review background.

Comment

Okay so this info has been out for almost 3 weeks now but there is likely going to be that Entry Level PO Exam and also a Detective's Promotional Exam scheduled around the same time as well (I guess that last part shouldn't concern most of us though). Lol Here's a few links and to my understanding it's listed on the FOP's (Fraternal Order of Police) page.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/7/7...-entrance-exam

http://www.bernsteintestprep.com/

Comment

Whats this "diverify" the department talk... Give everyone a fair shot yellow, black, white, brown. Heights isn't an issue when becoming a cop why should race be.

Comment

Stay tuned for Rahm Emanuel to make another appearance on NBC's Chicago PD with a subliminal message to apply this Fall hahaha!

Comment

Originally posted by Chicago pd View Post
                              Whats this "diverify" the department talk... Give everyone a fair shot yellow, black, white, brown. Heights isn't an issue when becoming a cop why should race be.
                              One of the issues with policing IMHO, is the lack of diversity in many departments respective to their communities. And its a human factor, people feel like they can relate to people who look or talk or walk or some other type or relation as they do. And that transfer over into policing. And besides, because of the political environments, departments are really having make an extra effort to have a makeup more reflective of their communities. Period.

That means that someone who is qualified (and more than likely white), may get bumped in favor of someone who may be slightly less qualified, but comes from that 'diverse' field that is the flavor of the day. Is it right? They are simply choosing between two candidates that have been deemed qualified. But it is what it is, remember, departments will always do what is best for the department first. Part of the issues CPD has with being sued during EVERY hiring cycle is that people get in their feelings when sometimes they were cut for a professional articulable reason and cant stand it. *disclaimer, this previous statement does not apply to people who have a legitimate reason to be upset ie the vets who were DQ'd based on not passing the psych exam, I know all too well what that was like, luckily I was told later why the psych failed me, due to military service connected reasons.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7536 users online. 293 members and 7243 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X