300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago Police appeals

Has anyone ever had to appeal a BI decision for CPD? If so, please PM me any details of how the proceedings take place, or if you feel comfortable please share on this thread.
    Last edited by SubZeroo; 08-07-2015, 11:02 PM.

Originally posted by SubZeroo View Post
    Has anyone ever had to appeal a BI decision for CPD? If so, please PM me any details of how the proceedings take place, or if you feel comfortable please share on this thread.
    I am going to appeal one very soon. PM me?

Comment

Why did u get dq? First, u have to wait for DQ letter from CPD which takes about 2 months. Second, u have to send appeal request to Chicago City Hall HR. Third, u gotta wait for them to give u hearing date....this takes forever...8 months plus... i was told that if u have a lawyer things are moving faster...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SVK54 View Post
        Why did u get dq? First, u have to wait for DQ letter from CPD which takes about 2 months. Second, u have to send appeal request to Chicago City Hall HR. Third, u gotta wait for them to give u hearing date....this takes forever...8 months plus... i was told that if u have a lawyer things are moving faster...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

i was DQed in background due to poor work history in 2013 i resigned in FTO as a PPO in the suburbs. Also in 2010 I was fired as a mall guard for notifying mall management about an internal issue and not complying with a company investigation. Basically in a nutshell I refused to confiscate an employees personal property. My hearing date is sept 14th Other than that work and military history is stellar , no arrests no traffic issues good credit too

Comment

Do u have lawyer?

Comment

I ended up not going with one because of the cost. Also there's no guarantee I would win with one

Comment

Gotcha...i hired one because I don't wanna take a chance I get screwed again...although I know one lawyer who charges $1500

Comment

Oh ok what did they bounce you for?

Comment

They said my debt is over 50% of what I would make... (it was over like $1000)...2010...i finished 2013 process as well in 10/2014 but have to wait till this is resolved in order to move up with 2013...

Comment

How long u were waiting for hearing date?

Comment

4 months approx... That debt one sounds ridiculous as long as there no collections or defaults on loans everything should be fine.

Comment

Yep...the whole thing is ridiculous. ..and take forever...i was in last group of 2010 and people there got Dq for bs...they probly wanted just finish 2010 list

Comment

Geez they bounced you just cause of that SubZeroo? That sucks

Comment

I know which is wierd because I
                            Made it thru all the other steps no prob. My investigator didn't even call any of my references except the jobs I had the issues with nor did he even write my side of the story

Comment

A lot of departments that do a fair amount of hiring have no problem DQing people who dont meet their criteria. It blows, but some departments dont like to hire people who quit during FTO. And not complying with a company investigation (most departments have policies stating that you must comply with department investigations) could also be a red flag to them. I was in the military too, it's not hard to leave with an honorable discharge, just follow orders and move out. I have been DQed myself from hiring processes. It blows. But if you have the right to appeal...appeal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8197 users online. 347 members and 7850 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X