Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anybody that works for Harvey know if they are trying to hire right away?

Comment

Originally posted by younggun3515 View Post
      Does anybody that works for Harvey know if they are trying to hire right away?
      Because of the low retention rate, the short answer is and always will be yes.
      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
        Because of the low retention rate, the short answer is and always will be yes.
        Thanks, i just graduated from the academy hopefully that will help my chances

Comment

Thanks, i just graduated from the academy hopefully that will help my chances
          Part time academy?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
            Part time academy?
            Last edited by younggun3515; 12-03-2015, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Full-Time, I put myself through
              Which one lets you self-sponsor?

Comment

PM sent

10 characters

Comment

never heard of self sponsored academy. with they background that has to be verified, etc it seems strange they will just let a person go through the process. But i would like to know also if there is such a academy.

Comment

There actually is such academy, its in southern IL through one of the community colleges, SWIC I think. But they facilitate a self sponsor academy. Beforehand you go through pretty much all the steps of a hiring process, interview, poly psych bg and then if you pass you pay for yourself to go through the academy. I considered this option when I was getting out of the army in a effort to better help my employment chances.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                      There actually is such academy, its in southern IL through one of the community colleges, SWIC I think. But they facilitate a self sponsor academy. Beforehand you go through pretty much all the steps of a hiring process, interview, poly psych bg and then if you pass you pay for yourself to go through the academy. I considered this option when I was getting out of the army in a effort to better help my employment chances.
                      I thought all self-sponsoring in the state was discontinued. I looked it up and see you can only self-fund the academy as an "intern" and only at SWIPA in Belleville. Whatever...if it works, it works.

http://www.southwesternpoliceacademy.com/intern.htm

Comment

Well if younggun graduated from swipa and he does get hired as a result of already being trained. Then he will be the first person I have heard of getting hired with that route being taken. But I wish him the best of luck.

Comment

Last edited by younggun3515; 12-03-2015, 01:41 AM.

Comment

they are already contacting references. They are moving fast

Comment

Originally posted by USMCSNIPER View Post
                              they are already contacting references. They are moving fast
                              I expected a few people to fail, but i did not expect going from 161 apps down to 45 after all of the tests

Comment

yes. that was ridiculous!!! they kept saying study the study guide. They were right, probably 30 questions or more where exactly from the study guide. You could tell who studied and who didnt. but the people failing the physical was definitely ridiculous. it was plenty of time to train up for that.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4800 users online. 262 members and 4538 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X