X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
    I did turn down an interview from the first PD that tried to hire me...and I wasn't on any other list. They have a decent reputation till this day and I liked the department. There were still other considerations I had to deal with based on my living situation. Not everybody just wants to get on wherever they can. We all have different priorities. I actually am shocked how much this job was the right fit for me. I never wanted to do this growing up and its the same for most of my co-workers and colleagues.
    To each their own.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, I remember the struggle getting into LE, if Harvey was the first department that called me for hire. I would NOT turn it down. But that's me and how I feel.
    I did turn down an interview from the first PD that tried to hire me...and I wasn't on any other list. They have a decent reputation till this day and I liked the department. There were still other considerations I had to deal with based on my living situation. Not everybody just wants to get on wherever they can. We all have different priorities. I actually am shocked how much this job was the right fit for me. I never wanted to do this growing up and its the same for most of my co-workers and colleagues.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    I'm not gonna lie, I remember the struggle getting into LE, if Harvey was the first department that called me for hire. I would NOT turn it down. But that's me and how I feel.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw13
    replied
    Smh I knew it when I posted it..spidey sense was like youre wrong joe lol
    It happens lol. I just know or remember a lot of random facts, details, etc. I don't know why though. *Shrugging my shoulders*

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    Is the environment really that bad that people see an app of a Harvey officer and think they may be indicted soon?
    Unfortunately...yes.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
    Maybe you're thinking of "Item 9's" profile pic....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]13748[/ATTACH]

...don't ask me how I know this. Thank you all for the info btw!
    Smh I knew it when I posted it..spidey sense was like youre wrong joe lol

Leave a comment:

• chapwolfe
    replied
    I didn't know a 6 foot tall invisible rabbit could have a police department.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Never could trust a politician. Never could trust a man who cant look you in the eye when he shakes your hand. At least Nick Graves for all his flaws looked me in the eye.

Leave a comment:

• dogcop
    replied
    Well this seemed timely.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/w...821-story.html

Leave a comment:

• southpaw13
    replied
    itsme37!!!! You had the Calvin & Hobbes profile pic right?
    Maybe you're thinking of "Item 9's" profile pic....

calvin and hobbes.jpg

...don't ask me how I know this. Thank you all for the info btw!

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Is the environment really that bad that people see an app of a Harvey officer and think they may be indicted soon?

Leave a comment:

• walicito37
    replied
    I believe I've had this dog sniping people as my pic for some time now, but I have been wrong once before. I, along with Steph have been an advocate of HARVEYWORLD since back in 09 when I was hired there.

Leave a comment:

• walicito37
    replied
    Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
    Oak Brook hired a lateral from Harvey less than 2 years ago.
    I stand corrected, just using those departments as a reference. There are departments in the area that automatically see Harvey on an app and have to wonder "is this guy going to be indicted soon? Has he just not been caught stealing?" Nature of the beast.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by walicito37 View Post
    Oh snap! A new Harvey thread for us to beat this dead horse. I too worked in HARVEYWORLD and have since moved on to "greener" pastures (old name was itsme37). Harvey was a grand old time, you will hit the ground running and what you deal with there will prep you for advancement at other departments. If your ambition is to work for Naperville, Oak Brook, or Orland Park then you need not apply. They will probably never take a Harvey lateral. Anywhere else, you should be good as long as you go in, do your shift, arrest the baddies and go home to your family.

Leave a comment:

• StephDakel
    replied
    Originally posted by walicito37 View Post
    If your ambition is to work for Naperville, Oak Brook, or Orland Park then you need not apply. They will probably never take a Harvey lateral.
    Oak Brook hired a lateral from Harvey less than 2 years ago.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7982 users online. 393 members and 7589 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X