X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    There actually is such academy, its in southern IL through one of the community colleges, SWIC I think. But they facilitate a self sponsor academy. Beforehand you go through pretty much all the steps of a hiring process, interview, poly psych bg and then if you pass you pay for yourself to go through the academy. I considered this option when I was getting out of the army in a effort to better help my employment chances.
    I thought all self-sponsoring in the state was discontinued. I looked it up and see you can only self-fund the academy as an "intern" and only at SWIPA in Belleville. Whatever...if it works, it works.

http://www.southwesternpoliceacademy.com/intern.htm

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    There actually is such academy, its in southern IL through one of the community colleges, SWIC I think. But they facilitate a self sponsor academy. Beforehand you go through pretty much all the steps of a hiring process, interview, poly psych bg and then if you pass you pay for yourself to go through the academy. I considered this option when I was getting out of the army in a effort to better help my employment chances.

Leave a comment:

• USMCSNIPER
    replied
    never heard of self sponsored academy. with they background that has to be verified, etc it seems strange they will just let a person go through the process. But i would like to know also if there is such a academy.

Leave a comment:

• younggun3515
    replied
    PM sent

10 characters

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by younggun3515 View Post
    Full-Time, I put myself through
    Which one lets you self-sponsor?

Leave a comment:

• younggun3515
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
    Part time academy?
    Last edited by younggun3515; 12-03-2015, 01:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Snuffy
    replied
    Thanks, i just graduated from the academy hopefully that will help my chances
    Part time academy?

Leave a comment:

• younggun3515
    replied
    Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
    Because of the low retention rate, the short answer is and always will be yes.
    Thanks, i just graduated from the academy hopefully that will help my chances

Leave a comment:

• StephDakel
    replied
    Does anybody that works for Harvey know if they are trying to hire right away?
    Because of the low retention rate, the short answer is and always will be yes.

Leave a comment:

• younggun3515
    replied
    Does anybody that works for Harvey know if they are trying to hire right away?

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    There is a big difference between Palos and Harvey, but I am so over living south of Chicago at this point in my life. Now I am totally into living far west or far north. Not even interested in living closer than 20 mins to Chicago. I love Chicagoland, but no wish to live in/near/south of Chicago.
    Those are my opinions based on my experiences only.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    There is a big difference between Palos and Harvey, but I am so over living south of Chicago at this point in my life. Now I am totally into living far west or far north. Not even interested in living closer than 20 mins to Chicago. I love Chicagoland, but no wish to live in/near/south of Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw13
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
    Please don't group all of the "south burbs" into one group because of Harvey, lol. Big difference between Palos Heights and Harvey ;-)
    You beat me to it Raiden lol. Of course nothing against the people of Harvey and I know he probably didn't mean to put it that way but you can't generalize LIKE THAT hahah. I have family and friends in a lot of great south/southwest suburban communities as do...probably most of us.

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    replied
    Rode through Harvey today, had good memories of growing up, then quickly realized why I dont live in the south burbs anymore
    Please don't group all of the "south burbs" into one group because of Harvey, lol. Big difference between Palos Heights and Harvey ;-)

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Rode through Harvey today, had good memories of growing up, then quickly realized why I dont live in the south burbs anymore

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9605 users online. 432 members and 9173 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X