Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll keep this brief. I use to work next door to Harvey. Heard some very interesting things. The bad outweighs the good and that's simply how it is. There are some great police officers as I stated before, but there is a ton of improvement needed! Use it as a stepping stone and get out of there quickly!

Comment

As a former Officer from Harvey I think one of the biggest misconceptions is working for Harvey will taint you, thus other departments will pass on hiring you. This could be no further from the truth. In fact in the last 5 years alone, departments such as Burbank, Joliet, Evanston, Cicero, Oakbrook, and Chicago (PLENTY) have hired officers from Harvey. After reading this forum I'm sure this doesn't seem believable, but believe me - I'm one of those guys. I'm sure current and former Officers for Harvey on this forum can verify this.
      Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Just curious how long were you there and do they still use CPD Metro?

Comment

Originally posted by southpaw13 View Post
          I know this question was for Steph but I am positive they have used PTI recently. As you know that doesn't mean it was a wholesale switch. A lot of departments switch up between availability. I've seen a lot of 2 way or 3 way choices: PTI or ISP and Metro, Sheriff's or SLEA.

Comment

Originally posted by chiefs123 View Post
            It shocks me Southpaw is still on here defending garbage departments. Harvey was just on the news, the residents are crying for help. STAY AWAY. The place is a cesspool
            Actually southpaw is on point but I don't think you are. southpaw recognizes that even troubled departments have great people that for whatever personal reasons chose to stay there. Likewise, there are some great departments with some real morons and slugs. southpaw's intentions were noble from the start, realizing what it is like to be a misunderstood or wrongly categorized officer. He didn't want to take part in saying negative things because he was considering the good people there. If you think there is something wrong with that I'm shocked by you. When you see faces of people you know on the news or here good people hung out to dry or scrutinized for doing the right thing, you may be a little more sensitive to hopping in to say negative things. There is a department I work near that does not have a great rep BUT I'm so happy to see them because they are often our first back up when the nearest car isn't close. And they cross into town without going over the air and are on some of our calls before we get there. Now at my dept we do laugh at them all the time (and we know they laugh at us) but if someone else says something about them...I defend them, because people don't know of how good and reliable they can be. The good and the ugly does coexist. That's why southpaw was speaking up for Harvey.

Comment

@JS

I let his comment go, but I appreciate you having my back and thanks for the response!

Comment

4 years.

And I forgot to mention, Illinois State Police took a lateral from Harvey within the last 6-8 months.

Comment

Harvey PD used PTI now.

Comment

Every department has good and bad apples. For some reason the bad administration or bad apples reflect poorly on the good officers. Test, get hired and keep your nose clean. Stay If you like it or move on. One word of advice stay away from disgruntled officers as they will kill your ambition and goals on the profession. I have met many officers in the past who seemed like stand up guys from Harvey. Good luck ladies / gentleman.

Comment

Oh snap! A new Harvey thread for us to beat this dead horse. I too worked in HARVEYWORLD and have since moved on to "greener" pastures (old name was itsme37). Harvey was a grand old time, you will hit the ground running and what you deal with there will prep you for advancement at other departments. If your ambition is to work for Naperville, Oak Brook, or Orland Park then you need not apply. They will probably never take a Harvey lateral. Anywhere else, you should be good as long as you go in, do your shift, arrest the baddies and go home to your family.
                      "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."
                      "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Comment

Originally posted by walicito37 View Post
                        If your ambition is to work for Naperville, Oak Brook, or Orland Park then you need not apply. They will probably never take a Harvey lateral.
                        Oak Brook hired a lateral from Harvey less than 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by walicito37 View Post
                          Oh snap! A new Harvey thread for us to beat this dead horse. I too worked in HARVEYWORLD and have since moved on to "greener" pastures (old name was itsme37). Harvey was a grand old time, you will hit the ground running and what you deal with there will prep you for advancement at other departments. If your ambition is to work for Naperville, Oak Brook, or Orland Park then you need not apply. They will probably never take a Harvey lateral. Anywhere else, you should be good as long as you go in, do your shift, arrest the baddies and go home to your family.
                          itsme37!!!! You had the Calvin & Hobbes profile pic right?

Comment

Originally posted by StephDakel View Post
                            Oak Brook hired a lateral from Harvey less than 2 years ago.
                            I stand corrected, just using those departments as a reference. There are departments in the area that automatically see Harvey on an app and have to wonder "is this guy going to be indicted soon? Has he just not been caught stealing?" Nature of the beast.
                            "It's a whole lot better to go up the river with seven studs than a hundred ****heads."

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                              itsme37!!!! You had the Calvin & Hobbes profile pic right?
                              I believe I've had this dog sniping people as my pic for some time now, but I have been wrong once before. I, along with Steph have been an advocate of HARVEYWORLD since back in 09 when I was hired there.

Comment

Is the environment really that bad that people see an app of a Harvey officer and think they may be indicted soon?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8798 users online. 447 members and 8351 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X