Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bluestrong
    Forum Member
    • May 2019

IF THERES any 1 on here do u know if the hiring process goes faster the second time you try pending u pass the written exam???

Comment

• Rf4
      Forum Member
      • Apr 2017

Has anyone received a notice regarding the test date? I did my application a couple of weeks ago and I would assume that I would have received a notice for the test date.

Comment

• OUJE
        OUJE commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes they send notifications out for what time to show for the test already. Check your junk mail maybe it went there.
    • Bluestrong
      Forum Member
      • May 2019

I got mine it's for 10/19

Comment

• Mfranco57
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2018

I got mine 10/31 , just got the call yesterday. 3 person interview, can anyone give me insight on the interview? Would greatly be appreciated. Bluestrong good luck man!

Comment

• Bluestrong
          Bluestrong commented
          Editing a comment
          U have an interview already??? Wait did u take the test back in 2018?? And the interview is pretty basic most of the questions are common sense and customer service related nothing hard at all last time i made it all the way to the psych exam and got d/q in july of this year so I'm retaking the test on the 19th of this month.. hopefully this time they give me an interview call right away
      • Rf4
        Forum Member
        • Apr 2017

For the guys that have taken the Metra PD written test before, how did you dress? Usually when I go to test I dress business casual, but I see other applicants dress in jeans and regular street clothes.

Comment

• Jami86e
          Public Safety Lieutenant
          • Sep 2015

Originally posted by Rf4
          For the guys that have taken the Metra PD written test before, how did you dress? Usually when I go to test I dress business casual, but I see other applicants dress in jeans and regular street clothes.
          I always dress like it's an interview, but I see the following at every test:

•Looks like they just rolled out of bed or are about to go to yoga class
          •Military fatigues
          •Police golf outing/spaghetti dinner fundraiser shirt
          •WIU swag
          •Jeans and t-shirt
          •Half of a police uniform
          •Blue line apparel
          •Baseball caps

Comment

• ared1984
            Forum Member
            • Jul 2015

Guys and Gals every little bit helps, but sometimes we can overthink it. I never wore a suit to any of my exams and I got the job....js. Personal preference, dress comfortable, study, and when they actually KNOW who you are business professional from there on out. My 2 cents.

Comment

• Bluestrong
              Bluestrong commented
              Editing a comment
              So I almost made it when they last tested back in 2k18 got stuck at the psych but I wanted 2 know can I get my new power card at nipsta or does it have to he from joilet junior college

• Rf4
              Rf4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bluestrong, when I filled out my application it didn’t mention a specific testing place. So my assumption is that they take both.

• Rf4
              Rf4 commented
              Editing a comment
              Bluestrong, when I filled out my application it didn’t mention a specific testing place. So my assumption is that they take both.
          • Bluestrong
            Forum Member
            • May 2019

Thanks bro I appreciate that

Comment

• Bluestrong
              Forum Member
              • May 2019

How did the test go 4 everybody???

Comment

• laboy14
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2017

Went pretty well. Does anyone know how long the process takes? I know its LOOONG but how long till we get our test results back then take the physical?

Comment

• Rf4
                  Forum Member
                  • Apr 2017

So on Friday a few Metra PD officers came to my place of employment for an incident that had occurred and I began to speak to one of them and he had mentioned that the PD might hire 14 officers. Then yesterday I took the test and as we were leaving I overheard an officer tell an applicant that the PD might hire 10. It seems like they want to do some significant hiring.

Comment

• Bluestrong
                    Forum Member
                    • May 2019

Laboy.. last time when I started the hiring process I made to the last step... the psych exam and messed up the whole process took 4 months but it seemed alot faster ... but u should get your power card ASAP!!! WHEN they call for an interview you have to have it!!!!

Comment

• dbland128
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2019

Has anyone got the results back from the oct 2019 test date?

Comment

• Rf4
                        Rf4 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I haven’t received anything yet. I took the test about 2 weeks ago

• dbland128
                        dbland128 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I was there i was too just wanted to see if anyone heard anything. keep me posted and ill let you know too.

• Bluestrong
                        Bluestrong commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They said it would take about a month before we got our results back... that's about how long it took last time
                    • Rf4
                      Forum Member
                      • Apr 2017

Just got my written exam score. Did anyone else get theirs

Comment

• Bluestrong
                        Bluestrong commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yes sir I passed!!!

• dbland128
                        dbland128 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        yea passed
                    • Bluestrong
                      Forum Member
                      • May 2019

Only thing that sucks is a pass is a pass and they call the interviews completely at random ... hopefully they start calling people soon

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 19421 users online. 54 members and 19367 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...