300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metra PD Hiring

$45.00 dollar for an application and test date. Don't know much about dept. Met a few cool officers when getting off the train at Millennium station.
    Last edited by littleguy; 11-25-2015, 10:17 PM.

Good department which has undergone a reorganization within the past year, about 90 sworn officers. The new chief is a retired State Police big wig, they take laterals ONLY, they will NOT send new recruits through the police academy.
    Last edited by Berwynguy; 06-12-2015, 09:53 AM.

Comment

The starting salary would be about a 17,000 pay cut for me.

Comment

Yep, therein lies one of the Metra Police Department's biggest problems. Not the best pay.

Comment

I have family that work for Metra, they may not compete with your top paying suburbs( Joliet, Skokie, Elgin, Hoffman, and Aurora to name a few) But they pay enough to compete with a majority of others. And their retirement is not that bad either because they fall under federal retirement. Leaving my department isn't in my plans, but if you're not a lateral, trust, do not waste your time applying.

Comment

I need to make a clarification, the Meta Police are hiring NEW recruits and will be putting them through the academy. I can tell you they have NEVER done this in the history of the Metra Police Department, 30+ years. This is the very first time they are hiring NEW recruits as well as laterals. Here is the info from their website:

Important Information

Applicants will be required to pay a $45.00 non-refundable application processing fee.

Successful qualified applicants will be hired as a Metra Police Recruit. Recruits will be required to attend and successfully complete ** an approved Basic Law Enforcement Training course as outlined in the Illinois Police Training Act, 50/ILCS, 705.

Applicants who are not an actively certified police officer in the State of Illinois as outlined in the Illinois Police Training Act, 50/ILCS, 705, shall be required to present a valid POWER Test Certification Card at the time of their Oral Interview.

**Optional:

Basic Law Enforcement Training course will be waived for individuals currently certified as a Police Officer in the State of Illinois; or have successfully completed an approved Basic Law Enforcement Training course as outlined in the Illinois Police Training Act, 50/ILCS, 705; or able to obtain a waiver from the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board for out of state training prior to employment.

Participants in the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board Intern Program, who will be a certified Police Officer by the date of appointment, may also apply.

Relocation is not available for this position.

Physical Examination & Background

Selected candidates are subject to a physical examination/drug test, psychological evaluation, and comprehensive background check to verify information regarding education, employment, vehicle and criminal history, including fingerprints.

This position is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.

A background check will be conducted regarding drug and alcohol testing history on candidates who have worked for agencies subject to DOT regulations.

Pre-Interview Review

Metra reserves the right to remove an applicant who has passed the written test from further consideration for employment, if the applicant’s character or employment history are unsatisfactory or if the applicant otherwise does not appear to be well qualified to discharge the duties of the position, from a review or his or her application.

http://metrarail.com/metra/en/home/u...nities/po.html

Comment

I say go for it. They should be hiring a few people and they should be going to CC academy.

Comment

Originally posted by littleguy View Post
                The starting salary would be about a 17,000 pay cut for me.
                i didnt see salary listed...or did I miss it?

whops nvm, I found it.
                Last edited by cpd2010*; 06-13-2015, 12:30 AM. Reason: I found the salary listed
                Sometimes there's justice...sometimes there's just us.

Comment

Last edited by littleguy; 11-25-2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know the average turnaround time from applying to hiring?

And also in what order the process goes, thanks.

Comment

I can't imagine the people they have to deal with on a daily basis. Anytime they don't have an officer on board they call outside agencies for help. I cant tell you the number of times we've ended up in a fight on the train getting someone off onto the platform. Still would be fun though.
                      Alex: You do what you are Jezzie.

Jezzie: You mean you are what you do.

Alex: No, I mean, you do what you are. You're born with a gift. If not that, then you get good at something along the way. And what you're good at, you don't take for granted. You don't betray it.

Jezzie: What if you do, betray your gift?

Alex: Then you betray yourself. That's a sad thing.

Comment

. I would still put in for Metra due to the feeling of roaming the towns, Cities and Counties... It's a fun job period... Pay will go up eventually... Look put in for it; then if you don't like it, leave and at least you tried...

Comment

Originally posted by GOTHAMCITYPD View Post
                          . I would still put in for Metra due to the feeling of roaming the towns, Cities and Counties... It's a fun job period... Pay will go up eventually... Look put in for it; then if you don't like it, leave and at least you tried...
                          Do you plan on applying?

Comment

I'm already in the department...

Like Nike: Just do it!!! Minus the shoes...

Comment

Nice, I gotta admit one perk Metra guys have on us municipal cops is that wonderful railroad retirement you guys get.... Two jealousy points there.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3105 users online. 194 members and 2911 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X