X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mk5400
    replied
    Originally posted by Boiler37 View Post
    Anyone else attending tomorrow? Any further insight or tips?
    Good luck, hope black Monday went well!

Tips:

Don't do something the instructors didn't tell you do to, they don't like that.

Don't talk back, they don't like that.

Don't walk while running, they don't like that.

Don't fall asleep in class, they don't like that. (I'd have to jab my self with a pen to stay awake some days.)

Just pay attention and take notes in class and you'll most likely do fine on the state test. It's mostly common sense, if you go that you'll pass.

Shoot me a message if you have any specific questions about that place.

15-3!
    Last edited by mk5400; 01-04-2016, 11:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    replied
    I'll agree with Impala on that. The Academy really was a joke and the PT was easy. My numbers actually increased being in the Academy because of how easy it was. Either that or I over-prepared, lol. We had a guy in the Academy who was on LAPD for a few months and came back for family. The stories he told us about their Academy as opposed to how CPD's was run, was mind blowing.

The FTO problem is also because they aren't allowed to really fire anyone. Does anyone know where their DOR reports actually get sent to? I never heard a peep about mine and I heard stories about people getting pushed through regardless of how bad they were.

Leave a comment:

• impala_ws6
    replied
    Originally posted by D.T.O.M View Post
    As opposed to the all important CC Sheriffs Police who are the Elite policing agency in Illinois.

AKA the Hire your buddy/family/political supporter Police department?

Please, The Academy, no matter WHAT academy you go to NEVER fully prepares you for life on the street. It doesnt matter WHICH academy you go to, FTO is where the real learning is. A department with a strong FTO is going to have less problems no matter which academy they send their people to.
    CPD academy was a joke! This coming from someone who did their Metro and CPD! I blame the political climate of CPD. Many of CPD FTO are a joke as well! There are good ones, but the old ones are the worst! They don't want to do work and teach the PPO more on how to get out from doing a report than anything else. No wonder our department is in a crap hole right now.

Anyways sorry for going off topic but my advice is follow instructions and dedicate time for study and PT.

Leave a comment:

• Boiler37
    replied
    Anyone else attending tomorrow? Any further insight or tips?

Leave a comment:

• Kata80
    replied
    Disregard...
    Last edited by Kata80; 06-18-2015, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mk5400
    replied
    Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
    Congrats buddy
    Thank you! Still a bit surreal to be at this point finally.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Congrats buddy

Leave a comment:

• mk5400
    replied
    Originally posted by Crispyrice35 View Post
    So whats the word?
    It will be the July academy. Will get formal offer next week once the results of the medical are in their hands.

Leave a comment:

• Crispyrice35
    replied
    Originally posted by mk5400 View Post
    Honestly wish I knew. Hopefully will know more on Tuesday.
    So whats the word?

Leave a comment:

• Glawk
    replied
    Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
    It depends on your department. CPD, for example will give you 3 chances. The State, which issues your certification, will ONLY allow for 3 shots max. If you fail the third time, you cannot take the test again EVER. Meaning, you can't be a cop in Illinois. Some suburbs will only allow you to take it once, others the max. I've heard stories of people failing the test once and getting the boot by their department.
    this is what i was told.

Leave a comment:

• Raiden341
    replied
    Originally posted by qw456 View Post
    what happens if you fail the state exam? do you get 1 more try or that is it?
    It depends on your department. CPD, for example will give you 3 chances. The State, which issues your certification, will ONLY allow for 3 shots max. If you fail the third time, you cannot take the test again EVER. Meaning, you can't be a cop in Illinois. Some suburbs will only allow you to take it once, others the max. I've heard stories of people failing the test once and getting the boot by their department.

Leave a comment:

• scotty_appleton814
    replied
    Originally posted by qw456 View Post
    If I remember, you are allowed 2 other attempts, however they are only give once a month and it is not centrally located to the Chicago area.

Leave a comment:

• D.T.O.M
    replied
    As opposed to the all important CC Sheriffs Police who are the Elite policing agency in Illinois.

AKA the Hire your buddy/family/political supporter Police department?

Please, The Academy, no matter WHAT academy you go to NEVER fully prepares you for life on the street. It doesnt matter WHICH academy you go to, FTO is where the real learning is. A department with a strong FTO is going to have less problems no matter which academy they send their people to.

Leave a comment:

• CCCSD
    replied
    Nothing like an easy to pass training program for Police Officers who are expected to make decisions based on knowledge. Could be there is a correlation between that and cops doing stupid acts..?

Leave a comment:

• qw456
    replied

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6549 users online. 301 members and 6248 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X