300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Grads of the Triton Academy

I might be attending the Triton academy. I'm looking for anyone who recently, or not so recently, graduated who would feel comfortable imparting their wisdom unto me. I'm not sure if there is a difference but I'm not attending for Cook County Sheriffs. PM me, thanks!
    Last edited by mk5400; 06-05-2015, 09:57 AM.

Congrats for getting into the academy

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
      Congrats for getting into the academy
      Thanks! Not official yet unfortunately, but I'm at the finish line.

Comment

When is it going to be official so I can set an alarm to re paste my congrats?

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
          When is it going to be official so I can set an alarm to re paste my congrats?
          Honestly wish I knew. Hopefully will know more on Tuesday.

Comment

How close are you in the process and what academy date would you be in? I'm set to start July 6th and it would be nice to know someone going into it.

Comment

Originally posted by Crispyrice35 View Post
              How close are you in the process and what academy date would you be in? I'm set to start July 6th and it would be nice to know someone going into it.
              I might be attending the July one as well. But, it could also be the October one. Hopefully will know exactly which soon. Other then that I've gotten zero response about this from the forum so no info to share.

Comment

Easiest academy in the state. PT sucks but if you can pass the PFIT youll be fine. Instruction is good. No one failed the state test in my class. I think they said theyve had 2 people fail the state test in the last 10 years. You get to swim for PT like every thursday. its short, like 10 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                  Easiest academy in the state. PT sucks but if you can pass the PFIT youll be fine. Instruction is good. No one failed the state test in my class. I think they said theyve had 2 people fail the state test in the last 10 years. You get to swim for PT like every thursday. its short, like 10 weeks.
                  like, swim swim? or just get in the water swim?

Comment

going stuff in the pool

Comment

Originally posted by Glawk View Post
                      3 people failed the state test in my class lol. Other than that it was a cake walk.

Comment

what happens if you fail the state exam? do you get 1 more try or that is it?

Comment

Nothing like an easy to pass training program for Police Officers who are expected to make decisions based on knowledge. Could be there is a correlation between that and cops doing stupid acts..?
                          Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

As opposed to the all important CC Sheriffs Police who are the Elite policing agency in Illinois.

AKA the Hire your buddy/family/political supporter Police department?

Please, The Academy, no matter WHAT academy you go to NEVER fully prepares you for life on the street. It doesnt matter WHICH academy you go to, FTO is where the real learning is. A department with a strong FTO is going to have less problems no matter which academy they send their people to.

Comment

Originally posted by qw456 View Post
                              what happens if you fail the state exam? do you get 1 more try or that is it?
                              If I remember, you are allowed 2 other attempts, however they are only give once a month and it is not centrally located to the Chicago area.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7871 users online. 367 members and 7504 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X