300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mccook IL

I don't know if anyone else has ever done this, but I found myself sitting back thinking about towns that I have never seen ever advertised for testing. I thought of Mccook. I realize they only have like 200 people that live in the town, but they do have police. Has anyone got any info on them whatsoever?

They get paid pretty decent. Top out in low 80's. They had a lot of industry with the Electro Motive plant, but that's a fraction of what it once was. Bunch of trucking places there. Not much population, only about 2 by 4 blocks of houses. They don't have any P/T coppers. Usually have 2-3 cars working on a shift. Back them up on occasion when they get a problem at the strip club.

Being they got rid of their FD (F/T guys) for a contract outfit, who knows what plans the town may have for the PD (P/T?). Want to find any of them, just roll down Joliet Rd at about 50 mph..

Comment

Don't bother even looking into it. They are a home rule community and they don't even conduct testing. Anyone that gets hired is a political hire that was told to apply there. They don't conduct written tests, they just put the people they want through the hiring process. No eligibility lists or anything like that.

Comment

I hate to say that's what I figured Anthony

Comment

Add to all that, the mayor is also a Cook County Commissioner.

Comment

^^ So what does that mean exactly?

Comment

In my world...that means stay away.

Comment

Originally posted by maidana View Post
                ^^ So what does that mean exactly?
                Basically that they can do whatever they want.

Comment

Originally posted by maidana View Post
                  I don't know if anyone else has ever done this, but I found myself sitting back thinking about towns that I have never seen ever advertised for testing. I thought of Mccook. I realize they only have like 200 people that live in the town, but they do have police. Has anyone got any info on them whatsoever?
                  they just hired one july

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5892 users online. 252 members and 5640 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X