300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinley Park

Anybody from the PD or have a fellow LEO working the streets. Looking at doing a lateral. How is the department as a whole? Is it a Chief in the Trunk PD and does the Department back it's officers? Also what shifts does TP run?

Thanks.
    Last edited by ApacheWolf; 04-16-2015, 09:33 PM.

I could help you out on the schedule part of your question. They're on 4/10s all based on seniority.
    4am-2pm
    8am-6pm
    2pm-12am
    12am-10am
    6pm-4am

Comment

They have take-home cars if you live in town. I know a guy who seems pretty happy there. They are well paying, cover a big area, but they are a Chief-in-the-trunk department. They are a part of CALEA and stand by it 110%. You will document and report absolutely everything.

Comment

Thanks Raiden and Southpaw for the info. I work in a "pro-police" department that has high crime. I have worked in a department that you had to look over your shoulder to see if you were going to be stabbed in the back by a fellow officer...Not fun.

Also 10's would be hard to transition to as I work days now, and 10's are not the best when you have children in diapers.

Comment

Originally posted by ApacheWolf View Post
          Anybody from the PD or have a fellow LEO working the streets. Looking at doing a lateral. How is the department as a whole? Is it a Chief in the Trunk PD and does the Department back it's officers? Also what shifts does TP run?

Thanks.
          I've never heard Chief in the Trunk...I have a guess but uhhhhhh...can someone just tell me

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
            I've never heard Chief in the Trunk...I have a guess but uhhhhhh...can someone just tell me
            Overly ridiculous, micro-managing, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Raiden341 View Post
              Overly ridiculous, micro-managing, lol.
              How about a deputy chief in the trunk?...ooops, didn't mean to hit that speed bump boss. LOL

Comment

Did any of you guys get an app?

Comment

Anyone know how this process is going?

Comment

Originally posted by mr officer friendly
                    Why so many shifts?
                    Why not 6a to 4p / 3p to 1a / 9p to 7a
                    In a busy place, it is generally good to have this type of overlap.

“This life’s hard, but it’s harder if you’re stupid.”

George V. Higgins--The Friends of Eddie Coyle

Comment

Originally posted by mr officer friendly
                      Why so many shifts?
                      Why not 6a to 4p / 3p to 1a / 9p to 7a
                      Coverage dear Watson. As opposed to being at minimums one day and it's crazy then being stacked the next day on the same shift and its dead.

Comment

Hey guys, any more info on this department? Residency requirement? Anything else you can add?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by regionrat9 View Post
                          Hey guys, any more info on this department? Residency requirement? Anything else you can add?

Thanks!
                          Pretty sure you still have to reside in Tinley Pk. Take home car.

Comment

Anyone of you on the forum get hired here in the past few months?

Comment

Originally posted by regionrat9 View Post
                              Anyone of you on the forum get hired here in the past few months?
                              I went to the academy with one guy. He said they had another one coming after we graduated.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12054 users online. 461 members and 11593 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X