Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
    Cal City uses COPS?
    I don't know if they did for previous exams, but for this one coming up, yes. I heard they only take top scores. Eh.

Comment

I'm real familiar with the Cal City area, if you get hired on there will be plenty of work going on in that community. Very diverse, and a lot of different things moving through the area. Everytime i interacted with the department, nothing but professionalism.

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
        I'm real familiar with the Cal City area, if you get hired on there will be plenty of work going on in that community. Very diverse, and a lot of different things moving through the area. Everytime i interacted with the department, nothing but professionalism.
        PLENTY of work in Cal City. They will chase for not having your shoes tied. Other places are like...well was the dead body hanging out of his trunk dead when you first saw the car or was his untimely demise delayed....uhhhh he might have been dead already...terminate, notify the next town over he's coming thru.

Comment

PLENTY of work in Cal City. They will chase for not having your shoes tied. Other places are like...well was the dead body hanging out of his trunk dead when you first saw the car or was his untimely demise delayed....uhhhh he might have been dead already...terminate, notify the next town over he's coming thru.
          Hilarious
          Back in my younger days, I know someone who was chased by CCPD on foot for truancy. That is quality community policing if you ask me.

Comment

I used to pray when I worked the south tri-state I could "observe" a fleeing vehicle entering Cal City. I just parked and waited for radio to advise where I needed to 25 with 4-5 Cal City guys with the car I observed.

Comment

On the topic, if you can get hired by Hoffman congrats. Good department with lots of great guys. I can't speak to the current command structure but I have had nothing but great interactions both on and off duty with them.

Comment

Sad thing is, you are 100% right. Nothing like an agency telling you to not get involved in another agencies chase, despite the offender hitting their cars and attempting to run one of them over, when you yourself have spike strips in your trunk and have the man power to shut it down... Unreal.

Comment

Originally posted by T.F.C. View Post
                  I used to pray when I worked the south tri-state I could "observe" a fleeing vehicle entering Cal City. I just parked and waited for radio to advise where I needed to 25 with 4-5 Cal City guys with the car I observed.
                  I believe Chris Rock made a monumental video about avoiding situations like this LOLOL

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                    Hilarious
                    Back in my younger days, I know someone who was chased by CCPD on foot for truancy. That is quality community policing if you ask me.
                    Does anybody remember the Care O Van in Chicago? It was the old Dodge van (I see them all the time as church buses). They would cruise by the schools, looking to toss students in and take them back to school. I think the funniest truancy story I ever heard was when my cousin got chased through the across the street and through yards by a CPS security guard that caught him. Good times! And I'd have to agree with that type of community policing.

Comment

Sweeeet I passed the exam now they are going to notify me For the next step
                      Last edited by SubZeroo; 04-28-2015, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Wow, finally received a letter and I passed my first COPS exam, definitely was not expecting that. (Cal city)

Comment

Originally posted by CUCUY_8 View Post
                          Wow, finally received a letter and I passed my first COPS exam, definitely was not expecting that. (Cal city)
                          Congrats, you're one step closer to running and gunning

Comment

They burn through the list fast or what?

Comment

Originally posted by anthonyv748 View Post
                              They burn through the list fast or what?
                              Was just thinking the exact same thing

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6049 users online. 226 members and 5823 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X