300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTI Academy

Can anyone tell me what life is like while attending PTI? What are the main exercises they do there? Trying to make sure I am in shape and can meet their requirements if I get this LE job. Thanks!

In my class PT on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday was usually a 2-3 mile run (we had one 5-mile about halfway through the academy), and Tuesday and Thursday was usually circuit training. There were a few hard days but overall PT wasn't bad if you're moderately in shape. If you can meet the physical requirements, follow directions, keep a level head, and stay out of trouble in a tempting environment, you'll be just fine.

Comment

The PT is usually just variations on running, push ups, sit ups, pull ups, lunges, etc. Just work on those, no fancy gym memberships required, and you'll be fine.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I haven't done pull ups in forever so I guess I better get to work on those. Which agency do you guys work for?

Comment

It's just as everyone above has stated. It's easy, as long as you're in decent shape, you'll do just fine. One long (5 miles) run, and the rest is 2-3 miles. The running gets old, but you can get through it.

Comment

The running will be the easy part for me. More worried about the pull ups.

Comment

The running will be the easy part for me. I'm More worried about the pull ups.

Comment

I went to PTI in April-June of 2013, we never did pull ups. Maybe that's added now, not sure.

Comment

Are either of you with the Rockford PD?

Comment

No, I work for an agency near Champaign.

Comment

I went to PTI in 2006 and we did pull-ups every morning in the armory before lining up in squads.

Comment

PTI always sounded like a piece a cake compared to other academies such as Chicago Metro, Cook County, etc.
                        Gov Blagojevich - "I'am the American dream...."

Comment

Just as Rteam2 said, we did pull-ups every morning when we first came in for PT. They tell you to do 3 sets of 10 but it's very informal. The instructors don't watch you or count how many you do. Almost nobody could do that many anyway. Just do as many as you can and you'll be fine.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6362 users online. 237 members and 6125 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X