300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPPD Recruitment Team View Post
    Hello again everyone, I hope your testing endeavors are going well! I wanted to provide some updated information regarding our upcoming test. We finally have the month, September, though the exact day is still being decided amongst a couple of options. Our Board of Police and Fire Commissioners are finalizing some updates/changes to the BoPFC Rules and Regulations, so those of you waiting for answers to some of your questions regarding eligibility to apply, acceptance of POWER Test cards from Joliet/Triton, transfer information from another agency, etc, I appreciate your patience and I will notify you as soon as the changes are finalized. Our ride-along program for prospective applicants is going well, and I still encourage anyone on here who is interested in testing with us to message me so I can schedule a time/date to do a ride-along.

We will be at the UIC Recent Graduate job fair on June 18th, and immediately following that we'll have officers on-site at the Westmont Police Department law enforcement car show that same afternoon (the car show will be at the intersection of Cass Avenue and Ogden Avenue, approximately two blocks south of Ogden on Cass). Come and see us!

As always, if anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to message me/us!

If I wasn't with a start date for Chicago, I'd apply. But for anyone else interested, do the ride along. DO EET! I rode with Officer Giera on a Saturday evening. Really great department and I'd really recommend it for anyone interested in testing, and probably the best way to check out a department too.
    This scenario is designed for you to lose. No one will "win" Redman. You only survive Redman.

Comment

Here is our Recruitment Team's Facebook page for those interested!

https://www.facebook.com/MPPDRecruitment

Comment

I notice you're hiring for community service office this month.

Comment

Originally posted by KrayJack View Post
          I notice you're hiring for community service office this month.
          In regards to the CSO position, I would strongly encourage you to apply. If this is a career that you are interested in pursuing for the long-haul, I know you'd find yourself happy that you came to do it with us. Many of our CSOs have been with us for ten years or more, and its a rewarding career experience.

For those of you considering applying for the position while you continue to test for full-time police officer positions, remember that any opportunity that you can seize that allows you to establish yourself in the law enforcement field, especially positions with municipal police departments, will demonstrate strong character when you apply for full-time police officer positions. Simply applying for these positions and gaining interview and hiring experience, as well as demonstrating commitment to the field, will assist you in your future endeavors. We have had numerous CSOs move on to successful police officer, sheriff deputy, and other sworn law enforcement careers over the years.

Currently, our department is hiring at least one CSO immediately, and the position offers a wide variety of experiences related to law enforcement. Our CSOs receive step increases in pay, work 5 day work weeks with permanent days off, are compensated well, and provide a multitude of services to our PD - without their assistance we'd be in dire straights. If you are interested in doing a ride-along with our PD to see how we operate as a whole, as well as to meet some of our CSOs and see what exactly it is that they do, send me a private message with your email address. I'd be happy to send anyone interested in applying as a CSO additional information and provide them with an opportunity to see what the job entails first-hand by actually coming in to our PD and observing.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

Definitely applying for the CSO position.

Comment

Originally posted by Jblankster View Post
              Definitely applying for the CSO position.
              CSO JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
              •18 Years of Age or Older
              •High School Diploma or G.E.D.
              •No College Required

CSO JOB DESCRIPTION:
              •Handle all types of NON-violent crimes
              •Does NOT carry a gun or weapon; must receive certification to carry O.C. Spray
              •Responds to private property accidents
              •Takes reports of thefts when no offender information is available
              •Vehicle lock outs
              •Animal complaints
              •Public hazards, roadway hazards
              •Railroad gate malfunctions
              •Traffic light malfunctions
              •General traffic direction on crashes
              •Public service calls
              •Parking enforcement
              •Perform administrative auxiliary services within the Department and Village
              •Handle on-station calls
              •Take delayed accident reports
              •Responsible for warrant supplemental reports
              •Submit various other reports (special watches, vacation watches, etc.)
              •Responsible for handling all incoming phone calls to the Department’s front desk

CSO PAY/VACATION
              •40-hour work week, permanent days off
              •Day Shift (0700-1500) and Afternoon Shift (1500-2300) only; no midnight shift at this time
              •CANNOT be forced to work overtime on any day; can volunteer to work overtime
              •8 paid holidays per year
              •Pay increase every six months until to-out at three years (still receive cost of living increases)
              •Department supplied/paid uniforms
              •Vacation time and Personal time earned at same rate of MPPD Police Officer
              •Longevity pay after 5 years, again at 10, 15, and 20 years
              •Vacation time increases after 5 years, and continues to increase yearly.
              •6 Month Employee Evaluations for First 3 Years, Yearly After 3 Years

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                Please consider sharing with your department the disadvantages to prospects when Triton and JJC power tests are not accepted. Governor's State is on your tour of schools to visit yet almost assuredly any of your prospects there will live a long distance from Glenview, not to mention the routes they have to take to get there. What makes matters worse is that JJC particularly, if I'm correct, offers several more dates and has smaller sized sessions. It is more convenient all the way around for some prospects. I learned about JJC from a similar situation where my only option was JJC. NIPSTA and Triton had no sessions between the opening and closing application dates for this particular agency. If they said no, by default I would not have been able to apply based on power test options...though they are all certified by the same agency. I know many departments just won't and don't care but with the efforts you all have taken to create a profile and actively post....I don't think that is you. Please show a little love to the south siders and south/southwest suburbanites. You will lose several of them merely based on excluding closer power test options that do not interfere with school, work etc.
                We will be accepting POWER Test cards from ALL THREE vendors as a direct result of the information you provided in the quoted post!

Applicants must submit proof they have passed the Illinois P.O.W.E.R. Test administered at one the three vendors within six months PRIOR to the Preliminary Application deadline on September 11, 2015:
                Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA). See www.nipsta.org or call 847-998-8090;
                Triton College. See www.triton.edu/power or call 708-456-0300 ext. 3326
                Joliet Junior College. See www.jjc.edu/powertesting or call 815-280-2674.

Comment

What type of written exam does your agency use? Is it a personality test with strongly agree and disagree type questions, or general knowledge with spelling and math, or cops test with suspect and offender Information? On average how many people apply and attend the written exam? Also, if your currently a sworn full time Illinois state certified officer do you still need the power test card? Thanks.

Comment

We will be accepting POWER Test cards from ALL THREE vendors as a direct result of the information you provided in the quoted post!

Wow. I am sincerely impressed. I can't seem to have the same influence at my own department (if the idea is not from the bosses). You guys that can but don't apply to Mount Prospect are nuts! They have been more responsive, professional and attentive to prospects than the care I received at my department as a full time recruit. Some just have it and some just don't. Seriously consider giving MPPD a shot.

Applicants must submit proof they have passed the Illinois P.O.W.E.R. Test administered at one the three vendors within six months PRIOR to the Preliminary Application deadline on September 11, 2015:
                    Northeastern Illinois Public Safety Training Academy (NIPSTA). See www.nipsta.org or call 847-998-8090;
                    Triton College. See www.triton.edu/power or call 708-456-0300 ext. 3326
                    Joliet Junior College. See www.jjc.edu/powertesting or call 815-280-2674.

Comment

Originally posted by REALfive0 View Post
                      What type of written exam does your agency use? Is it a personality test with strongly agree and disagree type questions, or general knowledge with spelling and math, or cops test with suspect and offender Information? On average how many people apply and attend the written exam? Also, if your currently a sworn full time Illinois state certified officer do you still need the power test card? Thanks.
                      I believe we changed our vendor from the previous test, so I will find out and post the testing information.

Comment

Thank you, your sentiments will be forwarded to the command staff - they appreciate the feedback!

Comment

Any idea how many openings there are going to be?

Comment

Yes, despite your current certification, you would need to secure a POWER test card. Several of our officers have come from other agencies, and the board requires officers to be in such physical condition that they can perform the POWER test upon hire. We also offer 8 hours of comp time every year for any officer that successfully completes the POWER test during one of the open testing periods (approximately 4-5 days in which it is held every year) as a means of encouraging physical fitness.

Originally posted by anthonyv748 View Post
                            Any idea how many openings there are going to be?
                            Approximately 6-10 would be a safe estimate for the duration of the 2 year list. Though we have many more than ten that are eligible for retirement.

Comment

Yes, despite your current certification, you would need to secure a POWER test card. Several of our officers have come from other agencies, and the board requires officers to be in such physical condition that they can perform the POWER test upon hire. We also offer 8 hours of comp time every year for any officer that successfully completes the POWER test during one of the open testing periods (approximately 4-5 days in which it is held every year) as a means of encouraging physical fitness.

Approximately 6-10 would be a safe estimate for the duration of the 2 year list. Though we have many more than ten that are eligible for retirement.
                              On average, how many applicants take the written exam? How soon does the PD plan on hiring?

Comment

On average, how many applicants take the written exam? How soon does the PD plan on hiring?
                                Over the last several tests, we have had anywhere from approximately 350 to approximately 500 applicants; however, that doesn't translate to the number that take the written exam. While I don't have the exam figures in front of me, I'd estimate the number of people actually sitting down to take the written to be in the two hundreds.

As far as how soon we plan on hiring, the simple answer is that it will depend on a multitude of variables. When I tested, no one was called for approximately 8 months, then they have been steadily filling positions ever since (several every year). Since 2012, we have hired and retained ten officers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9213 users online. 434 members and 8779 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X