300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPPD Recruitment Team View Post
    Thank you. As was mentioned earlier, a lot of specifics are still being finalized so its hard to do this when the detailed information is so limited - however, we still believe the forum could be a great resource while we get things squared away.
    I wont be applying, I was lucky enough to get hired and I am graduating SLEA on Friday. But I remember looking on these forums for anything that would be helpful or give me a leg up. But having direct access to the recruiters of the department here is something new and I hope it works out well and other departments give it a try.

Comment

CAREER FAIRS:

If you are an undergraduate or graduate student, or are interested in coming to see us and talk to us in person in an informal setting, our department will be attending the following career fairs. If you know anyone who attends these schools, please give them a heads up and encourage them to come speak with us if they are interested in applying (or even just exploring a career is law enforcement).

04/08/15 Benedictine University 11:30am-3:00pm

04/08/15 Lewis University 10:00am-1:00pm

04/16/15 Governor’s State 2:00pm-5:00

Comment

What are the age requirements to test for MPPD? I am not turning 21 until later this year, but will have the college credits that are necessary by May.

It is very cool for a department to directly utilize Officer.com as a recruiting resource, I hope this trend continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Aendos View Post
          What are the age requirements to test for MPPD? I am not turning 21 until later this year, but will have the college credits that are necessary by May.

It is very cool for a department to directly utilize Officer.com as a recruiting resource, I hope this trend continues.
          In the past we have always required that applicants be 21 by the time of the application deadline. That being said, it may not hurt to contact the police/fire commission and let them know when your birthday is. When I was testing, I took tests at 19 and 20 years old knowing at that time that I was new to testing and would not likely be number 1 on a list - and that therefore I would probably have a pretty good chance of being 21 by the time my number came up. If you are turning 21 this year, and you know that our current list doesn't expire until November, then you know you'll be 21 by the time any conditional offer would come up. I'm not guaranteeing this will work, or that you will receive a green light, but I am encouraging you to think outside the box and explore your options; maybe being 21 at the deadline when your birthday is hypothetically the following month isn't a hard line, maybe it is. I would recommend asking questions and finding out directly from the commission that sets those requirements.

Additionally, you may not have to do any of that. I apologize again for not having the dates yet, but assuming we are testing in June/July, the application deadline would be somewhere around there. I'm not sure when your birthday is, but you might just make the cutoff.

You will definitely have the college credits in time. And thank you for the positive reinforcement, being on here is experimental but it seems to have been fruitful so far. For everyone who sent me private messages, please give me a little time to respond as I compile the information you requested.

Comment

We are now registered for CLC college fair on 5/21/15 1:00pm-5:00pm.

Also, we are encouraging everyone interested in applying to our PD to schedule a ride along. To schedule a ride along, call our non-emergency number at 847-870-5656 and ask to speak with Recruitment Team Supervisor Sgt. Addante. If he is unavailable when you call, please let the person answering the phone know that you were told by the Recruitment Team to contact him and leave him your full legal name and phone number for him to contact you back. You can ride along on any of our three shifts, and we'll work around your schedule so make sure you give us a call!

Comment

How long will your eligibility list be valid?

It looks like your current list was around 15 months.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thirdGEARchirp View Post
                How long will your eligibility list be valid?

It looks like your current list was around 15 months.

thanks
                The date listed on the current list is misleading. Its a two year list, but our police/fire commission breaks the process down and repeats it through the two years. So, for example, if you look at the scores on the current eligibility list, you'll see that the highest score is in the 80s. That's because we burnt through all of the applicants with scores in the 90s (approximately 15-20 people over the course of 9 months or so - this includes NUMEROUS hires). So, once the original list of the top 15-20 was exhausted, they re-wrote and updated the list to reflect the next highest level of 15-20 candidates (which is the list you are currently able to view on www.JoinMPPD.org). That update was done in August of 2014, but the cumulative list still expires in November 2015 because the overall list (approximately 100 or so people,, including the original 15-20 applicants with scores in the 90s) was compiled in November 2013.

Its the same as every other department with a two-year list, just that we make it where the main list of all eligible candidates is broken down into groups of 15-20 and refreshed as the batches are exhausted over the course of two years.

Comment

The date listed on the current list is misleading. Its a two year list, but our police/fire commission breaks the process down and repeats it through the two years. So, for example, if you look at the scores on the current eligibility list, you'll see that the highest score is in the 80s. That's because we burnt through all of the applicants with scores in the 90s (approximately 15-20 people over the course of 9 months or so - this includes NUMEROUS hires). So, once the original list of the top 15-20 was exhausted, they re-wrote and updated the list to reflect the next highest level of 15-20 candidates (which is the list you are currently able to view on www.JoinMPPD.org). That update was done in August of 2014, but the cumulative list still expires in November 2015 because the overall list (approximately 100 or so people,, including the original 15-20 applicants with scores in the 90s) was compiled in November 2013.

Its the same as every other department with a two-year list, just that we make it where the main list of all eligible candidates is broken down into groups of 15-20 and refreshed as the batches are exhausted over the course of two years.
                  OK. That's good to know. Thank you for the very informative answer.

Comment

Would you guys keep everyone that's left over on the list and add them to the new list or do we have to retest again?

Comment

Originally posted by Frekinrican5 View Post
                      Would you guys keep everyone that's left over on the list and add them to the new list or do we have to retest again?
                      Anyone that is left over (not contacted) from any one list would have to re-apply and re-test for any following lists.

Comment

We require that applicants have valid NIPSTA cards issued within the 12 months leading up to the test. The Joliet and Triton POWER cards are relatively new, so its unknown right now if those will be accepted for this upcoming test. As far as residency, we only require that you live in the State of Illinois. With respect to the academy, we will be using SLEA at College of DuPage.
                        Please consider sharing with your department the disadvantages to prospects when Triton and JJC power tests are not accepted. Governor's State is on your tour of schools to visit yet almost assuredly any of your prospects there will live a long distance from Glenview, not to mention the routes they have to take to get there. What makes matters worse is that JJC particularly, if I'm correct, offers several more dates and has smaller sized sessions. It is more convenient all the way around for some prospects. I learned about JJC from a similar situation where my only option was JJC. NIPSTA and Triton had no sessions between the opening and closing application dates for this particular agency. If they said no, by default I would not have been able to apply based on power test options...though they are all certified by the same agency. I know many departments just won't and don't care but with the efforts you all have taken to create a profile and actively post....I don't think that is you. Please show a little love to the south siders and south/southwest suburbanites. You will lose several of them merely based on excluding closer power test options that do not interfere with school, work etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Snuffy View Post
                          Please consider sharing with your department the disadvantages to prospects when Triton and JJC power tests are not accepted. Governor's State is on your tour of schools to visit yet almost assuredly any of your prospects there will live a long distance from Glenview, not to mention the routes they have to take to get there. What makes matters worse is that JJC particularly, if I'm correct, offers several more dates and has smaller sized sessions. It is more convenient all the way around for some prospects. I learned about JJC from a similar situation where my only option was JJC. NIPSTA and Triton had no sessions between the opening and closing application dates for this particular agency. If they said no, by default I would not have been able to apply based on power test options...though they are all certified by the same agency. I know many departments just won't and don't care but with the efforts you all have taken to create a profile and actively post....I don't think that is you. Please show a little love to the south siders and south/southwest suburbanites. You will lose several of them merely based on excluding closer power test options that do not interfere with school, work etc.
                          Well said. And Joe is correct that JJC power tests give you more dates and time slots per month as supposed to NIPSTA which usually only has 1 power test date per month. NIPSTA usually offers a few different time slots for that one power test per month (except for the March 18, 2015 test which myself and about 300 other testers were all scheduled for 0900, but it made for good conversations while waiting for each test).

JJC is usually only 10 or 12 testers allowed per time slot, then it's booked and deemed unavailable. If you still want to take your power test for JJC on that day you will have to choose another available time which is typically 2 hours apart from test to test. Funny thing when I took my first JJC power test in October 2014, I ended up being the only person taking the test that day. Now I've taken quite a few power tests in my journey to get on the job, and I've never taken a power test by myself. Kind of funny running alone and having a low wooden bar about 1.5 inches off the ground hold your feet for the sit ups. Wouldn't even offer me a hand up after I completed my sit ups.
                          "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                            Well said. And Joe is correct that JJC power tests give you more dates and time slots per month as supposed to NIPSTA which usually only has 1 power test date per month. NIPSTA usually offers a few different time slots for that one power test per month (except for the March 18, 2015 test which myself and about 300 other testers were all scheduled for 0900, but it made for good conversations while waiting for each test).

JJC is usually only 10 or 12 testers allowed per time slot, then it's booked and deemed unavailable. If you still want to take your power test for JJC on that day you will have to choose another available time which is typically 2 hours apart from test to test. Funny thing when I took my first JJC power test in October 2014, I ended up being the only person taking the test that day. Now I've taken quite a few power tests in my journey to get on the job, and I've never taken a power test by myself. Kind of funny running alone and having a low wooden bar about 1.5 inches off the ground hold your feet for the sit ups. Wouldn't even offer me a hand up after I completed my sit ups.
                            Thank you both for your feedback. Your information and feedback about Triton and JJC power test cards has been relayed back to the department through the appropriate channels for consideration.

Comment

As a reminder, we will have officers at Benedictine University's career fair tomorrow from 11:00am until 3:00pm and at Lewis University from 10:00am until 12:30pm.

Additionally, we will host a meet and greet table at Triton College on April 20th and April 21st, from 8:00am until 11:30am both days in the Robert Collins (R) building on the East side of Triton's campus. Feel free to stop in and visit at any of these events.

Comment

Hello again everyone, I hope your testing endeavors are going well! I wanted to provide some updated information regarding our upcoming test. We finally have the month, September, though the exact day is still being decided amongst a couple of options. Our Board of Police and Fire Commissioners are finalizing some updates/changes to the BoPFC Rules and Regulations, so those of you waiting for answers to some of your questions regarding eligibility to apply, acceptance of POWER Test cards from Joliet/Triton, transfer information from another agency, etc, I appreciate your patience and I will notify you as soon as the changes are finalized. Our ride-along program for prospective applicants is going well, and I still encourage anyone on here who is interested in testing with us to message me so I can schedule a time/date to do a ride-along.

We will be at the UIC Recent Graduate job fair on June 18th, and immediately following that we'll have officers on-site at the Westmont Police Department law enforcement car show that same afternoon (the car show will be at the intersection of Cass Avenue and Ogden Avenue, approximately two blocks south of Ogden on Cass). Come and see us!

As always, if anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to message me/us!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6623 users online. 329 members and 6294 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X