Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mount Prospect Police Department (2015)

Hello everyone!

Our department will be hosting it's bi-annual testing process for full-time police officer positions this summer. No official test dates have been confirmed as of yet, but as soon as that information becomes available we will post it in this thread. This is the first time our agency has participated in the Officer.com forums, and it is our hope that by creating a profile unique to our Recruitment Team we can better communicate with prospective applicants. Feel free to message us with any specific questions you may have regarding the Department or the testing process, and be sure to visit www.JoinMPPD.org for more information on what we have to offer.

Below is some basic information regarding our agency and the typical testing process for us:

-Starting pay: $58,977 (effective 07/01/2015)
    -Top Pay: $89,213 (effective 07/01/2015)
    -85 sworn officers
    -Patrol, Investigations (Detectives, Special Investigations Unit, Special Operations Unit), Crime Prevention Unit
    -Range Officer, Breath Operator, Evidence Technician, Juvenile Officer, School Resource Officer, Field Training Officer, Arson Investigator, Traffic Crash Re-constructionist, Foreign Language Interpreter, Bicycle Officer, Honor Guard, NIPAS EST, NIPAS Mobile Field Force, Major Case Assistance Team (MCAT)
    -Historically, our Department hires an average of three to five officers every year

Please don't hesitate to post questions or send private messages.
    Last edited by MPPD Recruitment Team; 03-24-2015, 06:39 AM.

What are the education requirements

Comment

Originally posted by Jmbears23 View Post
      What are the education requirements
      Education requirements are as follows:

-High School/GED
      -60 Semester Hours of college credit, OR

Up to two years of full-time service as a law enforcement officer with a full-time PD (credit for 30 semester hours for each year), OR

Up to two years of full-time continuous active military service with honorable discharge (credit for 30 semester hours for each year), OR

30 semester hours PLUS foreign language proficiency, OR

Previous experience as an MPPD Community Service Officer (credit for 10 semester hours each year).

Comment

Will the test possibly be at the end of June beginning of July just like the 2006 written test/power test?
        "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
          Will the test possibly be at the end of June beginning of July just like the 2006 written test/power test?
          Right now we are working to finalize decisions concerning application and testing vendors, and the police/fire commission is responsible for finalizing dates and times. We can't commit to any one particular month quite yet, but mid-to-late summer would probably be a good round-about estimation. We wanted to get the jump start on spreading the word that we will be testing so that anyone interested in applying would have ample time to do their homework, research what we're about, contact us, and schedule ride-alongs before the orientation/testing process begins. Again, we apologize for the vague time frame as of right now - as soon as it's settled it will be posted here immediately.

Comment

Any planned hirings at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by mk5400 View Post
              Any planned hirings at the moment?
              We still have an active eligibility list until November, but numerous officers are eligible to retire and some have expressed interest in retiring soon. Its probably safe to rely on historical trends and count on hirings of 3-5 officers per year happening throughout the course of this next list.
              Last edited by MPPD Recruitment Team; 03-24-2015, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Will you be administering your own physical fitness test or require one of the several POWER cards or NIPSTA cards from the area's places that offer it?

Any residency requirements?

Will your academy be run in Mount Prospect or do you have your recruits use Chicago's (for example)?
                This scenario is designed for you to lose. No one will "win" Redman. You only survive Redman.

Comment

Do you use metro or SLEA for the academy?
                  "I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man and you learn two great things in your life. Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut." - Jimmy Conway

Comment

Originally posted by Chitown_Mike View Post
                    Will you be administering your own physical fitness test or require one of the several POWER cards or NIPSTA cards from the area's places that offer it?

Any residency requirements?

Will your academy be run in Mount Prospect or do you have your recruits use Chicago's (for example)?
                    We require that applicants have valid NIPSTA cards issued within the 12 months leading up to the test. The Joliet and Triton POWER cards are relatively new, so its unknown right now if those will be accepted for this upcoming test. As far as residency, we only require that you live in the State of Illinois. With respect to the academy, we will be using SLEA at College of DuPage.

Comment

Originally posted by SomeChicagoDude View Post
                      Do you use metro or SLEA for the academy?
                      We use SLEA for our academy.

Comment

I think it is awesome that a department is willing to engage this large pool of potential applicants in this way. I wish the best of luck to all who apply.

Comment

i will be applying for sure

Comment

Originally posted by scotty_appleton814 View Post
                            I think it is awesome that a department is willing to engage this large pool of potential applicants in this way. I wish the best of luck to all who apply.
                            Thank you. As was mentioned earlier, a lot of specifics are still being finalized so its hard to do this when the detailed information is so limited - however, we still believe the forum could be a great resource while we get things squared away.

Comment

Originally posted by newsti13 View Post
                              i will be applying for sure
                              Awesome, we'll be looking forward to it! Have you thought about doing a ride along? PM us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7227 users online. 348 members and 6879 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X